•two•

The next morning, Vivian nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt someone's arm around her waist. She slowly turned around, and her eyes widened seeing Blake sleeping next to her. She remembered sleeping with him, but she just thought she was having a very vivid dream.

"Blake." She shook him a little but he wouldn't wake up, so she slapped him in the chest. "Blake, get up!"

He sat up to stretch, and she looked at him with her eyebrows raised, wondering why he was moving so slow.

"Can you...hurry up?" she bluntly spoke, "you're moving kinda slow, and I need to get ready for work."

She didn't want to be rude, but the awkward silence was too much for her to bare.

He chuckled and shook his head as he put his pants on. "Of course."

"Bl—"

"Don't worry, I'm leaving." He picked his phone up off the floor, waved goodbye, and left her condo.

She felt bad for being rude but at the same time, she didn't. She already made the mistake of sleeping with him; she didn't want to be around him longer than necessary.

--

"Blake? What are you doing here?"

After he got through with practice, Blake stopped by to see Vivian. Natalie just so happened to be the first person he saw, and she was surprised to see him.

"Is Vivian here?"

"Yeah...She's in her office."

He walked down the familiar hallway until he got outside Vivian's office. Even though the door was open, he knocked to be courteous.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with the phone pressed to her ear. She finished the call with her client and folded her arms over her chest, waiting for Blake to answer her.

"I came to see you."

He clasped his hands together in his lap while she looked at him as if he grew a second head. She obviously wasn't expecting to see him after he left her house earlier, which explained her facial expression.

"Why do you need to see me?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Is something wrong?"

"Yeah. We're both acting like last night didn't happen."

For a second, he thought she was ignoring him until she looked up with her eyebrow raised.

"That's kinda the point," she chuckled, "it was a one night stand, Blake. You act like you've never had one before."

She looked away from him to check her email, knowing the teenager from hell had probably emailed her multiple times already.

"You act like we were never married," he mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

"Well, you acted like you weren't married when you slept with that woman, so."

She kept her eyes on her computer screen and smirked while Blake rolled his eyes. She always knew exactly what to say to get under his skin.

"Anyway," she continued, "can we wrap this up? I have quite a few things to do today."

He leaned forward and rested his elbows on her desk, pulling her attention away from her computer. "I don't see why we can't be friends, or at least be civil toward one another. We live in the same city, we have the same friends — we're bound to run into each other."

She sighed and shook her head, knowing that would be a terrible idea. "Why would you want to be friends with your ex-wife? Why don't you go be friends with Brandy or Becky or whatever her name is?"

Blake ran his hand down his face, growing frustrated with Vivian. He forgot how petty she could be.

"Her name is Brynn."

The way he corrected her made her angry, and it reminded her of the past. Back in 2012, Blake had an affair with an old fling, Brynn, and a couple months later, she turned up pregnant — one of few reasons behind their divorce.

"That woman has no significance to my life, so I don't care what her name is." She shut down her computer and grabbed her binder off the desk so she could leave. "Are we done here? I have somewhere to be, and this conversation is holding me up."

"So you're just gonna leave without saying anything?" he asked, looking up at her.

"I don't have anything to say, Blake. We're happily divorced. We don't see or talk to each other and honestly, I think it should stay that way."

He slowly nodded, taking in what she said, and left her office without saying a word. The look on his face was enough to break her heart because she hated seeing Blake upset, but she had to stay strong when it came to him. There was no way she was going to allow the mess that is Blake Griffin back into her life.