Chapter Three

(Lilliana's POV)

"What now?" I asked. He didn't answer. He just stared at me, the way he had all through the night, except now he seemed even more engrossed in me. His eyes wandered from the left side of my face to the right. I waited for his voice, or even a shrug. but all I got were his big, blue eyes locked on mine. He examined my face for what seemed like hours. It seemed like a form of flattery, but I was cold. And I wanted to get moving.

"Earth to Ed?" I tilted my head to the side. He did the same.

"Sorry," he said, rubbing his eyes.

"So, what do we do now? I'm sorry, I haven't been out in a while," I confessed.

"Me neither."

We decided he'd just drop me off at my apartment.

The car ride was long and silent. When we arrived, he got out of the car with me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, surprised.

"Just walking you in," his face went red.

"How sweet. Thanks," I took him by the arm and lead him upstairs to the eleventh floor, where I live. "It's small," I warned.

"I like it. Seems cozy," he lied. I could tell by the way he hesitated.

Pause.

"Um. Thanks for dinner. I had a nice time," I tried to break the silence.

"No problem, me too. See you at work tomorrow?"

I nod yes.

"Great. Goodnight, Lilliana," he gives my the shy smile he gave me in the studio earlier today.

"Goodnight, Ed," I smiled back.

Suddenly I was in him arms, wrapped up in a warm embrace. My face buried in his thick coat, his head resting on my shoulder.

When the hug ended I tried my best not to look shocked, and put on a weak smile.

"Bye, Lilliana."

And he was gone.

That night I didn't sleep for one minute. I was too surprised, too happy, too in love to rest. I just lay in bed mentally reenacting every event that took place on this magical night. especially the hug Ed gave. I was certainly not expecting that. I mean, I barely knew him.

But it was really a super great hug. I wish all hugs were like that. He smelled so sweet, and he held me so tight. To be honest, I want more of Ed's hugs.

I never thought I'd fall for the chubby ginger. I've always been a fan of his music, but never completely in love with him like a teenage girl. I guess I just never got to know him.

I start to doze off around six in the morning, but that's when I get up so there's really no point in sleeping. Also, I want to see Ed today more than anything, so I want to be on time for once.

And I am. Early, even. Some of my co-workers congratulated me. I say hello to everyone quickly, and race up to the ninth floor which is where he should be. He's not in the worker's lounge.

"He must have started early," I think to myself, fast-walking to the recording studio. When I open the door, there's nobody inside.

I continue my search for Ed, util I've looked everywhere.

"Excuse me, Sir, do you know where Mr. Sheeran is?" I ask out of breath.

"Actually, no. He hasn't shown up yet. Try asking Mr. Lansky," answered the man I asked.

"Thank you," I shake his hand and jog up to the top floor, where Mr. Lansky's office is.

Mr. Lansky owns this particular building. He oversees all the recording sessions, including Ed's. He's not mean at all, he just likes to get the job done.

I give a loud knock on the huge wooden door.

"Come in," says Mr. Lansky's voice.

"Good morning, Sir. I was wondering if you've seen Ed anywhere today?" I asked quickly.

"Ed Mattell, Ed Smithens, Ed Sheer-"

"Ed Sheeran, Sir," I interrupted.

"I haven't seen him. Hold on," he turns his attention to a huge computer and types some letters and clicks some buttons. "No, doesn't seem he's checked in today," he glances at his watch. "Maybe the lad's running late."

I automatically groan.

"Why, do you have an interview with him? Are you from the paparazzi?" Mr. Lansky raises an eyebrow.

"I'm his personal assistant."

"Oh." We sit there for a minute. "I'll call you when he arrives. You can go home, if you want. Give me your name please?"

"Lilliana Powell. I'm in Studio B today," I respond, staring at my feet.

"Got it. 555-7136 your number?"

"Yes, Mr. Lansky."

"All right. Have a nice day," Mr. Lansky says dismissively. I give him a nod and left.

When I got home I made a cup of tea and turned on the news. This is the first thing I see:

'CELEBRITY IN DEVASTATING CAR CRASH'