SFSD Round III

Sherwood Forest, Nott City, Anglia, Planet Nottingham.

Dawn broke across the sky with the rising of the twin Suns; one a fiery red and the other an icy blue, combining their rays to cast a violet glow over the landscape and into a small clearing where a Glamping pod had been hastily pitched.

Inside the pod, Robyn stirred uneasily in his sleep as his subconscious mind recognised a faint yet distinctive thrumming whir in the distance. The Glamp-pod should have been cloaked, though having been won during a drunken game of poker the previous evening its authenticity was questionable at best.

Marion woke first, immediately recognising the sound of whirring engines. She shook Robyn awake, gesturing for him to be silent. He nodded his acquiescence and they set about waking the rest of the Merry Men.

The group of outlaws gathered at the pod's exit, weapons at the ready.

"Five Counties Robyn, five bloody Counties they've followed us over, that's a record, even for us," Will Scarlett hissed into Robyn's ear. "What the devil did you do to get him so riled up?"

Robyn chuckled. "I stole his daughter. The good Sheriff was forcing her to marry an Earl against her will when she was in love with the farrier's son. I took her to him and off they went. Got 'em a couple of fast horses too."

"I think it's best we get ready for a showdown then - something tells me that the Sheriff isn't going to stop until he sees us hung, drawn and quartered. We'll need their transport too, to get us back to the ship."

"Oh no Will, not another Planet hop," Friar Tuck let out a groan, clutching his rotund stomach and paling visibly while Will and Robyn rolled their eyes. "I swear those bloody wormholes will be the death of me."

They crept out of the pod in silence and waited while Robyn tapped a command code into a small panel on its exterior. The pod began to tremble and quake, collapsing in on itself until it lay flat upon the ground where it proceeded to fold itself over and over, stopping when it was small enough for Robyn to slide into his pocket.

Taking cover amongst the trees, they waited in silence for the Sheriff and his men to find them.

The whirr of the solar powered engines grew louder, becoming a dull roar as the Razors hovered at the edge of the treeline surrounding the clearing where the Merry Men had not long ago been sleeping. The Razors were a fine piece of engineering; slim and lithe with twin engines front and rear connected by a lightweight frame and bisected by short sleek wings for steering which jutted out either side in front of the rider's knees. Their design made it easy for them to navigate the small spaces between the trees and a built-in anti gravity field did away with the need for cumbersome wheels.

The Sheriff's Razor was the first to breach the treeline, hovering slowly into the clearing.

"Reveal yourself Robyn Hood," he shouted. "The King demands that you are brought to justice for your crimes!"

"On my mark," Marion whispered, drawing her bow.

"Prepare to shoot," the Sheriff called to his men. "The King will be happy to have the outlaws alive or dead!" Smiling, he reached for the Razor's forward guns.

"Now!" Marion cried, releasing a flurry of arrows from her perch high in the tree canopy, hitting two of the Sheriff's men while Robyn darted from tree to tree, taking precise controlled shots with his longbow. They shot to injure, not to kill and as each man fell, 'Little' John gave them all a knock to the back of the head, rendering them unconscious with one blow of his ham-sized fist.

Will and the Friar wasted no time in lashing them together before securing them to the trunk of a nearby tree. The Merry Men - and Marion - let out whoops of victory as they mounted a Razor each and flew through the trees towards the river Trent where they had left their Ship.