Broken Relationships

"Oh, you look awful." My eyes struggled to open fully. The figure that stood over my bed came into focus. It was my mother. I considered the words she had just uttered to me. I listened to the tone of her voice. It was soft, sincere and gentle. 

"Really?" I asked in disbelief, strange how it came out in disbelief because I felt so rough. I fell asleep at roughly 3am that morning, and the time now was about half past 8 in the morning. Boy, I felt rough.

"Yep, you really do." She said with a smile.

"Good to know." I responded playfully. I smiled as my eyes slowly closed again. I turned over and pulled my duvet right up to my chin and snuggled down and got cozy and fell asleep again.

The next time I woke up it was 11 o'clock. I did my usual. Got up, brushed my teeth, did my exercise, washed, ate breakfast and got dressed. At around 2 pm me and my mother went to town and ended up shopping! Ahaha, oh that me feel so happy. She was happy too. I hadn't see her happy a lot recently. We decided to walk back home. It was a long walk. There was a long awkward silence for a few minutes. Then she uttered the words I did not expect her to.

" What's happened to us?" She started. " We used to be so close, and now its like every single conversation we have we're arguing. When I ask you what's wrong you say 'nothing'. I used to be able to read you like a book. You used to be black and white. I used to know what's what with you but now I'm just guessing." I was utterly speechless. I couldn't even organise my thoughts to come up with an answer.

" I don't know...-w-what you're talking about." I managed to choke out.

"Oh, don't you give me that Jennifer Isabella Andrews!" She spat angrily.

My mouth hung open. I couldn't get my brain to coordinate words to come out of my mouth. I tried to sort out my thoughts. Then his face popped into my head. Luke Cunningham. He was the fitest guy in school, and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I've never felt this way about anyone, and I was scared. So scared that I couldn't even tell my mother. The woman, who gave me life. I just couldn't tell her she wouldn't understand. She knew something was up. But she can not know.

This is the first time in my life that I ever felt truly confused, a pain that twisted and churned in my gut.

What do I do?

My first try at writing hope you like it :D