Part 2: PDA

The next day at school, Hiccup began to question how he had no idea who Jack Frost was. Rolling into the parking lot in the morning, the first thing Hiccup was greeted with was the loud, obnoxiously blaring stereo of a passing silver car. Hiccup had never been particularly good at identifying vehicles (his own being a second-hand-grey-something that barely passed inspection) but this one screamed one thing; Jack Frost. 

The car was fast, uncomfortably stylish, and looked utterly ridiculous beside the other cars in the lot. The music that blared from it was equally so, being some poppy song that Hiccup wouldn't normally listen to.

Rolling his eyes, Hiccup was quick to avoid the other boy. He rushed into the school silently, and spent the bulk of the day in relative peace. One thing Hiccup did like about school, was that it was someone he was totally imperceptible among his peers. Unlike Jack Frost, and Hiccup's own handful of friends, most kids didn't even realize he existed. But being a nobody was -admittedly- how Hiccup preferred it.

Towards the end of the day Hiccup had practically forgotten his detention experience the day before, somewhere between Science and History the two days began to blend together into a grey. It was Thursday after all, and the weekend was just close enough to encroach on his thoughts. Then, when it began to seem like Hiccup had his only major encounter with Jack Frost the day before, he heard a sarcastic, snarky, admittedly attractive voice.

"Sup," Hiccup heard the familiar tone was he was heading out the building. Hiccup was a fan of leaving school from the hallway connected to the gymnasium, it being the closest to his car. Upon hearing Jack he turned, revealing that he had passed the snowy-haired boy on his way past the locker room. "We need to talk." Before Hiccup could react, there was an arm wrapped around his own, dragging him lightly towards the doors.

They stopped between two sets of doors, nudge discreetly towards the back of the hallway. "What the hell?" Hiccup stammered, his hands waving fluidly as he tried to pull away. 

He felt his feet land unevenly when they'd stopped, but Jack's hand landed on the younger boy's chest, letting Hiccup take a step back before they would've collided. Then, realizing the scene he was potentially making (particularly because of Jack's response: which was laughter, of course) Hiccup ducked his head down slightly, harshly whispering as he continued. "what do you want from me?" Hiccup continued, trying to sound forceful.

"You didn't call," Jack retorted, frowning with artificial dejection. When Hiccup didn't laugh, Jack tried a different approach. "Well," he continued, suddenly trying to sound serious. "I was thinking I could help you with that dumb report of yours, and then... Who knows?" Hiccup felt Jack's eyes travel slightly over the boy's shoulder, before he returned to meet Hiccup's eyes with another smirk. "You know, we could hang out. Have some fun?"

Hiccup blinked hard, worried they'd been caught when Jack's eyes had passed him. This is stupid, he thought. What would they to get caught doing? They were just standing there talking, right? Hiccup realized that he'd caught his breath slightly when Jack had looked past him, whether from being flattered or uncomfortable he wasn't sure. "You want to help me, so you cause a scene?"  Hiccup groaned. "Next time, you could just try talking to me."

"Where's the fun in that?" Jack teased, placing a hand on Hiccup's shoulder. "Tomorrow, let me drive you home. We can work on it after school."

"Why not today?" Hiccup asked, raising a brow. "Wouldn't it be better to get it done sooner? Or we could probably just work on it in Study Hall, isn't yours the same time as mine? That might be-"

"Hiccup." Jack murmured, elbowing the boy lightly. "I need to help my dad out at his store, let's just do it tomorrow. Ok?" A light smile etched it's way across Jack's lips. It was soft, and not nearly as aggressive as most of his smiles, and for some reason it caused Hiccup to blush.

"Alright Frost," Hiccup sighed. "We can try things your way." Hiccup looked down at his watch, trying not to be frustrated as he noticed the time. 

"You got somewhere to be, Hic?" Jack quizzed.

"No... Well yeah, actually. I need to bring Astrid her skates. She left them at my house and she's got hockey in an hour or so." Hiccup looked back up at Jack, for a moment thinking he saw a hint of surprise in the boy's icy eyes.

"Astrid, huh?" Jack said coolly, running a pale hand through his snowy hair.

"Yeah, Astrid?" Hiccup repeated, raising a brow. "She's like my best friend." Hiccup smirked at the relief that flashed in Jack's eyes. "Why, did you think-"

"No, no." Jack scoffed, cutting him off. "I was just wondering how a guy like you could score a girl like Astrid."

"Ha ha ha," Hiccup replied, utterly unenthused. "Like I haven't heard that a million times. Remind me why I'm letting you help me?" Hiccup quizzed, his brow crumpling up as he spoke.

"Because you need all the help you can get, Haddock," Jack said, leaning in a little closer. "That-" He continued, stopping near enough that he could probably have counted ever freckle that dotted the brunettes handsome face. "And you've got a thing for bad boys."

Hiccup held back a laugh, trying not to hurt the Jack's ego. "Is that what you think you are?"

"No," He retorted honestly. "But your dad, along with most of the school definitely does. And appearance are all that matters in high school." Jack voice was almost a whisper, but withing the next moment he'd successfully ducked out from the small space, and dashed lightly down the hallway. When he reached the exit doors, Jack turned back to wave back at Hiccup. "I'll pick you up same time tomorrow Haddock," He hollard lightly. "don't be late!"

------------- Author's Note: ----------------

Hey guys, so my winter vacation is officially over. Back to work tomorrow. I'll try typing a little on the plane (I was in New England for the holidays) but don't expect many updates in the next month or so. I'm sorry for the constant delays, but this year in general is just crazy. :p

Best wishes everyone, I'll try to update something soon. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, requests, ideas, ect. Or if you just want to obsess over the fandom a little, please let me know. 

I'm a multi-shipper so if you ever just want to gush I can probably help. Also, I'm thinking of writing more Frozen, and possibly some BH6 stuff, including crossovers. Any opinions, suggestions or ships people are especially interested in? Just curious. But for now it's 1:30 in the am so goodnight guys.

Again Best Wishes, and Happy New Years!