-Castor's P.O.V.-

It felt like I slept for nearly a whole day, which surprised me. Usually I hardly sleep for an hour, but I slept for nearly 7 hours last night... I hadn't done a thing like that in ages.. But the thing that really surprised me was that Mardek hadn't left the room yet. The Captain had gotten up and gotten dressed, but then returned to the bed and sat next to me as I slept... or at least that's what he told me when I started to wake up. Slowly and almost reluctantly I started to awaken from my slumber.. "Mornin' Cas.. Sleep well?" Mardek's voice was so smooth and calming... "What time is it..?" I ask, not surprised at the grogginess in my voice, gently rubbing the excess tiredness from my eyes. "About seven in the morning." I must have startled Mardek with how fast I sat up, seeing as how he flinched a bit. "And Aradia didn't have you wake me three hours ago?" As I started to get up, he pulled me back against his chest, which forced a bit of color to my cheeks. "M-mardek, shouldn't we go out there with everyone else?" Mardek chuckled a bit and pulled me closer, urging a bit more blood to rush to my cheeks. "In a little while perhaps. I'd much rather stay in here with you.." If my face wasn't a few shades darker by now, they definitely were from that, striving to ignore the warmth across my face, I took a deep breath and replied. "If you say so, Captain..."

It was peaceful for quite a while, but I had to ask.. "Um, Mardek, where did you find that book on your desk?" The captain seemed hesitant, but after a moment of silence, "In an old wreck the crew and I found on an island.. None of us could read it, but I decided to keep it. After all," He smiles, resting his chin on my head. "one never knows what could happen." I smiled a bit, bringing my arms to rest atop his own, which were still wrapped around my waist. my fingertips tracing small designs on Mardek's skin as I spoke. "I was reading it yesterday before dinner.. At first, it was impossible to read the text, but.... after a while I started make sense of it...well sort of.." I paused, leaning back against Mardek. "I'm not sure what the words mean, but I can read them... Is that strange?" I ask, turning a bit to look at the Captain over my shoulder. Mardek chuckled a bit, the deep sound of his voice bringing my recently cooled down cheeks some warmth once more. "Not at all, love."

A knock on the door interrupted our comfortable conversation, followed by a familiar Russian accent sounds through the dark oak wood door. "Pardon the interruption, but breakfast is ready, whenever you two are ready." "Thank you Zeanon, we shall be out shortly." I could hear Zeanon's retreating footsteps, assuming he was headed toward the mess hall. "We should probably join the others.." I noticed a hint of reluctantcy in my voice, which I could understand. After all, I was rather comfortable in Mardek's strong arms, enjoying the feeling of his body against mine, the scent of the sea and the light hint of rum in his quarters... My train of thought was broken as I heard him chuckle behind me. "Still half asleep, are we?" the teasing tone in his voice made it apparent that he had said something and I just hadn't been paying attention. A light blush dusted my cheeks as I stuttered out a response. "S-sorry, I was....thinking.. Could you repeat that?" Mardek, unknown to me at that point, smirked and rested his chin on my shoulder, repeating what he had said earlier "Or, we could stay in here for a while longer.." his voice nearly a growled murmur, which brought a darker shade of red to my cheeks. "W-well... If we were t-to stay in here...what would we do? N-not that I m-mind j-just sitting and relaxing w-with you, I just..." I paused, figuring it would spare my heated face for a while longer.

That is until Mardek let out a low chuckle and pressed a gentle kiss to the back of my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. "I suppose you have a point, Castor. Come, let us go join the others." I nodded slightly, not trusting my voice at the moment, and shifted off of the Captain's lap. I saw him get up out of the corner of my eye, and I followed suit, noting the second set of clothes that was set out. "Mardek? Why did you set out a second set of- Wait, are these for me to wear?"

As I turned toward Mardek, I notice a long, predominant scar running along his back before it and several smaller scars were hidden by the light shirt he pulled on. "That they are. Aradia also has new clothes, provided by Arabel. I hope everything fits properly.. And don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything" was he....was the Captain flirting with me? I mean, he could have just ment if anything didn't fit properly he could help hem it or something like that.. It had only been one day, there was no way that the Captain could be having romantic feelings for the Australian already... right..?