Graduation and Engagement

*FLASHFORWARD THREE YEARS TO HERMIONE'S GRADUATION*

 Hermione was pacing her dorm room at Hogwarts. She was feeling extremely exhilarated and yet somehow let down. She had been hoping for something from Fred. Mainly a floo message from the fire or such, but all she had received was a short saying in Fred's handwriting: "So happy! Cant wait.~~ Fred"

Pavarti Patil came running into the room panting. "Its starting!! Hermione, Hurry up!" and ran out again.

Hermione quickly took one last look at her appearance in the mirror, added some pink lipstick, and flew out the door.

"Hermione Granger" the kind, shrill voice of Professor Minerva Mcgonagall floated across the great hall. Hermione started. 'me?'  finally after all this time of hard work and studying she was graduating hogwarts and probably leaving it forever. 

Hermione took the steps leading up to the platform two at a time.  While each professor gave a long winded speech about what a good student she had been, Hermione searched the room for one face- Fred's face. At last all the words were said and Hermione was handed he diploma. Right as she reached the step, she spied him. Fred was there grinning at her. No longer caring that everyone was looking at her, Hermione ran across the room, flung her arms around fred and for the first time in their long relationship, they kissed. as if on cue, thunder clapped and rain started falling outside. after the rest of the students were graduated they walked hand in hand to the feast.

Hermione was head girl so that meant that her and Fred were sitting at the staff table in front of everyone.

After dessert had disappeared off of the gold plates Fred pulled hermione out of her chair and and announced to the school that she was he girl he had loved since she came to Hogwarts. with that he liked her in the eye and said: "Hermione Granger, you have heard my confession, Will you marry me?" there ws a collective intake of breath from the students. all the professors had tears in their eyes.

hermione began to cry. :"yes." the answer was barley audible. the crowd erupted. Fred swept her off he feet. he slid a beautiful gold ring encrusted with seven magnificent pink opals onto Hermione's finger.