Part 2

"You're thinking again."

"What? Since when can you read minds?!"

"I can't...but you're doing that face."

"Shush, James..." I giggled, placing my finger on his lips and returning my attention back to the telly.

It was just the two of us, lay across the living room floor. For the fifth day running, the contents of the biscuit tin was spread out in front of us; we devoured them, packet by packet.

"No! Custard creams are MINE!" pouted Jay, snatching the packet from me.

"Oh my...you sounded just like Chlo then!"

"S'not all bad then. I sound like an adorable four year old...winning! Pardon my French Perrie, but I'm fucking parched!"

I looked up at Jay. He must've drank everything in the house (if not most of it) by now! It's strange though. Normally, people end up having a piss; Jay hadn't been...at all.

"D'you have no bladder, or something?"

He shot me an confused look as he opened yet another Lucozade.

"All you've done is guzzle all my pop, and it's like you've not had a drop! If I'd drank as much as you have,I'd be pissing for England." I laughed.

"Nope...I can just hold my piss for ages." he grinned. Jay walked over; he burped in my face.

"Cheers babe..."

"No problemo Perrie."

The rest of our day consisted of yet more biscuit munching, trash TV and a hell of a lot of tickle wars! Our supply soon ran out completely, so I snuck out for more whilst Jay hunted the kitchen for more Coke to guzzle. I soon returned, but things seemed a little...strange. Jay was nowhere to be found downstairs; his clothes were scattered all over the place.

"Jay?"

A loud splash came from the bathroom. Then another, but slightly louder than the first.

"Jay, are you upstairs?" I shouted.

Again. another splash came from the bathroom, but it was the kind of splash when someone's getting out of a bath. As I ascended the stairs (with his clothes bundled in my arms), he slowly crept from the bathroom. I smiled as he finish wrapping my Eeyore towel around his waist.

"There you are! I thought you'd been raped..." I laughed.

"No one can rape me. Have ya seen these muscles?!"

"Erm...whatever babes." I whispered, closing my eyes and kissing him.

He didn't react, so I pulled away. Jay's head dropped to stare at the floor, and I asked what was wrong.

"Perrie, I'm sorry..."

My eyes widened. My stomach started dong somersaults.

'Oh fuck! He's dumping me...act calm, Perrie. Just. Act Calm.'

"What for?"

"Making a mess..."

I peeped my head around the door; the floor was covered in water. I smiled and told him not to worry. He got dressed and soon disappeared saying he 'needed to get home' as I cleaned up.

"What the-?"

"It's alright mum...I forgot I'd ran the bath and it overflowed.

"You're such a dopey mare, Perrie." sighed mum, shaking her head slightly and smiling.

"Ah well...get scrubbing!"

"Ha...yes mother."

As I wrung the towel out, I realised it stunk of fish. It was the Eeyore towel he'd had around his waist earlier. 'Make him get tested!' All kinds of thoughts ran through my head, but they all came back to same thing...

The mermaid tail I saw at the beach yesterday.