Epilogue

Epilogue

10 Months Later… 

I wake to familiar warm fingers tracing visible patterns on my naked back causing me to smile. Opening my eyes slowly I see the beautiful blue waves crashing against the white sands of the small island. We have been on our honeymoon on a secluded island in the Caribbean for three days and we still have another week ago.

We are the only two on a small island that sits off the mainland and we have to take a boat to the shops and markets. The cabin sits right on the beach and the structure is open and everywhere you look there is a view of the water. The bedroom, living room, and kitchen are all open to one another, while the bathroom is a little more private. All around us is calming colors of blues and greens. I could actually stay here forever.

Thinking back to when we returned to the ranch after all that happen in Colorado everything fell into place. Connor and I moved in together in his house and he let me have free range to decorate the entire place. Which I thought was really amazing and I was sure to keep some masculine touches throughout the home. He even helped me repair and reopen the store which has been doing great ever since.

We decided to wait to have a spring wedding at the ranch. It was small with only family and close friends. Grace was my maid of honor and Cindy was in the bridal party along with a girl I was really close to in college. Jamie was the best man and Robert was also in the groomsmen party along with Alec. Shawn and other men from Connor’s team where there among the attendants and I was able to get to know them all very well. Grandpa Bill walked me down the aisle and when he gave me away, I could unshed happy tears in his eyes. That day alone has been the best day of my life and the happiest.

The reception was special, because Grace announced that she and Robert were pregnant with their second child. Also Jamie and Cindy came out as an official couple, which I am happy to take the credit of setting them up. They are opposites, but is works for them and you can see how happy they are together.

I then think back to all the events that led up to the wedding. Besides moving in with Connor and reopening the store, I had to rebuild a stable mental foundation. There were so many nights were I had nightmares or I would have a panic attack while I was alone. I went to a therapist and he suggested that I take anti-depressants, but I refused. Overtime the dreams faded away and the attacks stop, but there are still times where I have a flash back and I will zone out.

Connor has been there the whole time for me. Every time I woke up, every time I panicked, every time I zoned out; he was there. In my entire life I never thought I would find true happiness or be with someone who makes me feel so complete. To say the least, my childhood was horrible and there were some good moments with my dad, but there were too many bad moments. At first I hated him for leaving me, for never being there for me, and for betraying me to Sebastian; but now I have gotten to a point where I have forgiven him. He was my dad and I always love him in a certain way that I can’t explain. So when Connor and I have kids, I will tell them the good things about him and the bad; they can form their own opinions about him.

I feel Connor lay a kiss on my bare shoulder bring back to reality. Turning so I can look at him, he gives me his signature devilish smile that has stolen my heart from the beginning. Pulling me so that I am laying on top of him, I lay my head on his chest.

“How did you sleep last night?” He asks with humor in his voice.

Look up at him, I reply, “Well pretty good, but they was some guy who kept on waking me up for some intense, sensual love making.”

Smiling at me, I try to move away knowing what he is about to, but he quickly flips me so that I am now under him and he tickles my ribs making me squirm. Bursting with giggles, I try to find a way out, but I am at his mercy.  

“Stop tickling me!!!” I yell out in a fits of laughter.

He continues tickling me as he answers, “I am not tickling you, but counting your ribs. Now I have to start all over. 1…2…..3……..4……….5…”

“Connor if you don’t stop I won’t have sex with you for the rest of our honeymoon!” I yell and he quickly stops and puts his hands up in surrender.

Giving me a mock hurt look, he asks, “You would really do that to me? Your husband? I am hurt Mrs. Wilkins.”

“Aw poor baby. I guess while you sulk in your sadness in bed, I’ll have to take a shower alone.” I answer and I walk to the bathroom stark naked.

Like I expected he runs after me and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder and closes the door behind us. I guess some things never change.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for reading A Father's Betrayal! I hope you guys liked it and I would comments or suggestions about the story. I'm probably going to take a free day off from writing, but I do have new ideas for a story. Thanks again and happy reading!!!

-Sky