The Secret Life of Dillon Sinclair

The first ball I ever attended in my life was the biggest and greatest in the whole of England. I was six years old. I can't remember today what I felt like back then, but I'm imagining I was scared. Or happy. Or excited. Or all of the above.

It took an hour and a half to get to the Worthington's Manor. I recall complaining nearly  all the way, but no-one was bothered to shut me up. My mother and father were in another limo and I was in one by myself. I must have drove the driver insane...

**11 Years Ago**

"When will we get there?" I asked, attempting to wriggle out of my seat belt.

"In 6 minutes and 29 seconds, Madam Sinclair." He responded. I could tell from his tone he was fed up with my whining.

"I'm bored." I stated, letting out a deep, furious sigh.

He didn't reply. I frowned. It felt like an hour, but in reality, six minutes later the car stopped. I was bouncing around in my chair, still trapped by my seat belt. The driver got out and came around to my door and opened it. He unbuckled my seat belt and picked me up. I squirmed in his arms and he set me down on the gravel floor.

"Mummy! Daddy!" I called out, wondering where they were.

"Here, sweetie." They were already half way up the stairs. I ran and caught up with them, just as they were going through the entrance. I reached up to grab my mothers hand but she pulled it away, and instead replacing my hand with a glass of champagne. I frowned but got over it and smiled up at my dad only to see he was looking in another direction. I sighed and muttered a few words before walking away from them.

I skipped over to the food and reached out when a certain food caught my eye. It was green, shiny and squishy, better known as green jelly. I clenched my fist around it and brought it to my mouth. I grinned widely, showing all my teeth and started to giggle. It was then someone noticed me.

She gasped and pointed, whispering to her date next to her who was shaking his head. People started whispering and suddenly the music stopped. What happened? This isn't because of me eating jelly is it? Surely not-

"Dillon Sinclair! What do you think your doing?" Her voice got louder and louder as she approached me.

I let go of the jelly in my hand, making a big splat noise and I heard a few other gasps. I looked around and everyone was staring at me. My hand was yanked back and I winced at my mothers strong grip.

"Come here young lady!" She whispered coolly while dragging me along. She brought me outside and started screaming at me. I wondered where my father was.

After she had finished her tantrum, she stormed off while I sat on the back garden steps. My eyes were still wide and my bottom lip pouted out, and then they started to tremble. Before I knew  it, icy tears were streaming down my face.

I looked up and came face-to-face with a boy my age. He had blonde hair and ocean-blue eyes to match. He had a light tan and pinkish lips. He was staring down at me.

I stopped crying and looked up at him. Eventually he sat down.

"I like jelly too." He stated, a smile forming across his lips.

"That was embarrassing!" I exclaimed, bring back my fist and punching him in the upper arm.

His face pulled into a grimace and I immediately apologised.

"Don't worry, your a girl. You didn't hurt me." I could sence he was lying but didn't say anything. I later found out his name was Jack. His mother died when he was 4. I was glad I had made a friend.

When we got home mother was furious and sent me to my room for the rest of the night. Father didn't say anything as I ran over to the lift, pressed floor 3 and stormed to my room.

***

Okay, I knooow I should be working on all my other stories but I really felt like writing a story like this. I know, this is like hell boring but it well get better later on (:

***