The Best Night Ever : Chapter 19

Hello readers! What do you guys think is gonna happen next? Hope you guys like it! Please read, comment, and spread the word! On to chapter 19!! :DD

-----

THE BEST NIGHT EVER

-1st September, 3 years later (Bill and Tom at 21)-

Tom had decided. He would tell Bill everything, come clean about him accidentally killing Grammy that fateful night, how he'd been lying to him for 3 years. He promised himself that he would do it, and he knew that the time was right. He could feel it. He planned it all in his head, creating a script for what he would say, guessing Bill's reaction to his speech. He decided that he would do it today, their 21st birthday. They had planned on having a birthday dinner at a new restaurant in the city. Tom was supposed to meet Bill there at 8. He would take Bill somewhere less crowded when confessing to him. He paced around his room, nervous. He glanced at his watch. It was 7.14 pm. Less than an hour till the dinner. He stopped pacing, shaking. It was time to get ready.

-----

Tom parked his car at the parking lot beside the hotel with the restaurant that they were going to, right at the top. He straightened his shirt, checked his reflection in the rearview mirror, breathed in a shaky breath, and left his car. He walked the short distance to the entrance of the hotel. There were marble steps leading up to the grand foyer, which was decorated tastefully, with marble statues and chandeliers. A fountain was spouting out water outside the entrance. He glanced briefly at his watch. It was 8.03. Not so late. He stood on the bottom step, hands deep in his pockets, looking around every so often for Bill. Finally, at 8.21, a cab rolled up to the front of the entrance, and Bill stepped out of it. He was dressed in a form-fitting black blazer, the lapel a shiny black, with black skinny jeans, white sneakers, and a few chains around his neck. He paid the cab driver, then practically skipped to Tom's side. 

"Hi!" Bill almost squealed.

"Um, hi." Tom could barely get the words out of his mouth.

"Are you ready to go up?"

"Sure."

At close distance, Tom realized that Bill's lapel was shiny because it was sequined. Despite himself, he couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Bill asked.

"No-nothing." Tom said, recovering from his bout of laughter. They climbed up the marble steps into the lobby, then walked to the elevators. The walls of the lobby was a peachy color, and the check-in counter was made of a dark wood. The chandeliers bathed the entire lobby in a soft, glowing light. There were people sitting on plush sofas in a corner of the lobby, chatting and laughing. Tom's sneakers made squeaking noises on the polished tiled floor every time he took a step. Once they reached the elevators, there were potted plants between the 4 elevator doors, and a telephone where the elevators ended. They waited for only a few moments before one of the elevator doors slid open, and a woman that looked like she was in her 40s stepped out of it, walking hurriedly towards the huge glass doors of the hotel. Bill and Tom hastened to the elevator, then Bill pressed on the button to take them to the 16th floor, the topmost level of the hotel and where the new restaurant was located. Bill was practically wriggling with excitement.

"I'm so excited! This restaurant is the place to be, it's probably the most popular one right now. I have no idea how you could've gotten us a reservation!" Bill shrieked.

"Yeah, well, you know me." Tom said, smiling weakly. 

"Thank you so much, Tomi, this is gonna be the best night ever!"