Chapitre Uno.

Chapter One.

My parents always told me that if something like this were to happen, help would be on it’s way within minutes.

They said that they would be there within minutes, that some form of help would be on it’s way. It was like they said that to shut me up.

They had be convinced that police would be informed, then the fire department. They would bring all their hefty equipment and save me. But that wasn’t happened, and it was scaring me beyond belief. The only thought left in my mind was what if no one gets informed and me and the man stay in here forever?

My parents were always constantly reassuring me that elevators were more than two hundred percent safe, and I believed them. When you start to get older, you realize that your parents were like superheros. That no matter what, they would protect you, even if it meant sacrificing themselves.

But when you hit a certain age, you realize that’s not true. You realize that you might, at some point, have to be your own superhero, and that thought alone can scare someone so much. I know that it scared me.

My parents were probably the weirdest, most hip parents ever. They got along with everyone they met, and they both loved peace at mind. My father was barely home, working to accommodate what we wanted in our lives, and my mother was the type of mother who quit her job to take care of her kids, not wanting some stranger to do it.

My sister and I were close at one point, as all siblings were at some point I think, we were always together but as soon as she went to highschool and became cheerleading captain, things rapidly changed.

But I appreciated them more than anything, including my sister, but what made me mad at this moment was not having them.

Like right now, if my parents were with me, they would crawl to the ends of the earth to make sure I was okay. And that was all I thought about. Why couldn’t we be at home right now instead of having to come to the hospital? Well, that was my fault but let’s not get into that yet.

And my sister, even with the lack of distance from our sibling bond, would try her best to reassure me. These thoughts kept swarming my mind, to the point of near heart attack.

The real question was how can I be my own superhero?

“You can’t be a superhero with twig arms like that.”

“Do you wanna fight man? No one can save you cause it’s just you and I in here.” I growled. He rolled his eyes and continued to do whatever he was doing, which was cross his arms and sit on the ground, banging his annoyingly big head against the elevator wall.

I may have twig like arms, but I do have steel legs. They may be short, and they may not be made of steel, but I could still drop kick and knee a dick if I needed to.

But, how could I save myself in here? Mentally, I was fine if I didn’t think too hard, but physically, how long could someone who needed feeding every few hours last?

I had no food, no water, no phone, no life support button, no nothing.

Calming down was the hardest part for me. Calming down from a panic attack was nothing new, but this one took quickly, almost too quickly, to calm down.

That thought wasn’t important, what was important was my damn tummy growling every two seconds.

"I'm hungry."

"We've only been here for 15 minutes."

"But, I'm hungry." I whined. Brattiness was my specialty. Admitting it was not a big deal to me. People who knew me, know that I am pretty much a brat or a bitch, but I got used to it, and so did they. People know my rule, if you’re nice and chill, we’ll get along, but if you’re not... My brattiness just gets turned up.