Vampire Knight Eternity

Chapter 1: PreNight: Nameless Threats

××ιlιlι═════════════ιlιlι ××

Pre-Night

Nameless Threats

××ιlιlι═════════════ιlιlι ××

The Bloody Rose glistened under the sunrise heat, stirring in response to its owner's heart. His white hair swayed metrically to the weak zephyr. Gripping the Bloody Rose tighter, he can feel the pain and agony in his own heart fading. Yet, those feelings were replaced by hatred and an unforgiveable desire for blood, only her blood. His pale soft lips parted, "One day...I will..."

"...Kill Kuran Yuki!"

His eyes widened in disgust to the familiar pure scent, the Bloody Rose pointing at the sudden intruder. He glared at the graceful girl standing opposite him, his finger tense around the trigger. "Another pureblood, I'll kill you too..."

The girl smiled, taking a cautious step closer, "I understand how the pureblood Rido would fall...to someone like you Kiryuu Zero!"

Zero tittered, his Bloody Rose unmoving, "there must be a reason why you're here, get to the point already."

"You're very smart, Kiryuu," the girl replied, studying Zero warily,. "I'm here to further torment the pain your loved one gave you..."

Swiftly, a mauve flash of light scratched across the desolate air towards the girl. Her grey eyes flared as she faded away into the surrounding. Zero grasped onto the weapon tighter, alert. He took a few steps towards the gates, leading to the night class dorms. Then, the Bloody Rose fell. Zero crashed onto the stone hard ground, his head gyrating in pain. The girl's robust hands, hastily clamped around his neck. She glared back into his ruthless eyes, "my name is Sara Shirabuki and...your precious Kuran Princess will soon be dead..."

Zero's roseate eyes flickered as he thrust Sara away from him. He quickly grabbed the Bloody Rose. Another deafening bang was heard throughout the grounds of Cross Academy as the Bloody Rose activated. Gusts of wind sliced through the air, blinding Zero's vision. As his haunting eyes refocussed, Sara Shirabuki was gone.

Zero lowered his Bloody Rose. Grasping his own kneck he silently breathed, "Yuki..."

On the dawn, empty streets, the young girl abruptly stopped, her heart stammered. She turned, looking back at Cross Academy, which was now so distant to her. That sound just then, she mutely thought to herself, could it have been...

"Yuki, what's wrong?" a familiar, concerned voice called.

Another sweet dream has just started...

~~~*VKE*~~~

[Next Chapter: Worrying Sight - What will fate bring?]

Chapter 2: Night 1: Worrying Sight

"Yuki," the concerned voice called again.

Yuki Cross twirled around, a sweet smile upon her pastel pink lips. "Kaname-sama."

"What's disturbing you, Yuki?"

Yuki stared deep into Kaname's tender eyes, her doubts settling. She gently stroked the side of his face, with the same admiration she'd always had in her heart. That's right, for years, Kaname's been waiting for me to return, Yuki deemed inaudibly, I can't leave him again...

"I'm fine, my Onii-San," Yuki finally replied, her voice as sweet as ever.

Kaname gave a small nod, though his expression remained slightly sullen. He took Yuki's hands and began to lead her to walk through the streets again. "I'm sorry, Yuki."