Chapter 2

Held Between Two: Chapter 2

- Aaron's POV -

I looked at her as she fell sound asleep and drifted away into her dreamland. At this very moment, she looked so delicate, almost fragile and helpless, just like a glass doll that threatened to break instantly as it fell.

Deep in my heart, I wanted to be her Prince Charming, her Knight and stayed by her side forever, to protect her from any dangers that came her way and would hurt her deeply.

How I wished time could stop now and just let us--me, remain in this moment of embrace longer.

The smell of caramel emitted from her, the gentle feel of her soft silky hair that cascaded down her shoulder beautifully and the sparks that exploded upon the contact of our body; I would want to carve all of these precious feelings into my mind, heart and soul for as long as I live, for this would probably be the last time we had any contact at all.

My heart clutched tightly at that thought, knowing that it was none other than the truth. Yes, despite how heart-breaking it made me feel this whole time, I had accepted this truth long ago. That was the reason why I distanced myself from her - whenever she came to my house, whenever I saw her walking in the school corridor, whenever she had the same classes with me..., the list could go on and on and on.

Yes, I was a jerk to her, a major one at that.

"Why did you treat her this way, knowing that you were a jerk?" You might ask.

My answer to you was, “I had no other choice.”

If I had a choice, I would do anything to make her happy: even if staying out of her sight would make her happier by a tiny bit, I would do exactly that. If I had a choice, I would be her friend whom she could trust all her problems with and let her tears flow freely without any hesitation. I would comfort her, coo her with encouraging words and help her resolve her issues as much as I could. If I had a choice, I would seize every opportunity to shower all my love for her. If I had a choice...

"But I had no choice." My inner voice echoed in my mind, responding to my endless list of "If I had a choice".

She was my cousin, a beautiful one at that. I fell in love with her ever since that one fateful day. -- with her stunning smile, her sparkling eyes, her kindness and most of all, her loving personality. She had everything a guy could ever ask for, but... I could never be with her, simply because I was her cousin. 

An image of her being with a man she loved sneaked its way into my mind. In the image, she was wearing a beautiful white gown, complimenting everything of her, making her the most beautiful bride in the world. Beside her was an unknown man, someone whom she certainly loved and trusted her entire life with. -- 'He' could be anyone, anyone but me.

My breath hitched as a tinge of sorrow swept over me, my heart sinking lower as every second ticked by. No words could describe the secret agony of my soul. I found myself drowning into a world enclosed by pure darkness and sorrow, when suddenly, her arms wrapped around my neck tightly, bringing me back to reality instantly.

"Don't... Don't leave me..." She murmured in her sleep, begging for the person who she had dreamt to stay. As I kept silent for a moment, her body jerked and she began her silent-screaming, "No...! Don't go... Please, come back. Come back!" She struggled helplessly, her hands reaching out to grab hold of the person in her dream.

Just then, I realized that she was crying in her sleep as her tears had fallen onto my bare shoulder. It seemed to me that the person in her dream was someone important, someone who had occupied a part of her heart.

"Who was he?" I thought, with jealousy obvious in the way it sounded. 

I wondered why my mood changed so suddenly. I was enjoying myself in the land of paradise with her. But, here I was, feeling as though the land of paradise had just vanished into thin air.

Frustration, irritation, annoyance were all I was feeling right now. I mentally groaned, annoyed at the sudden change of my mood.

I quickly pawed my way out of this imaginary world full of negative emotions, knowing I had to do something to calm her down. She was my top priority, these feelings could wait.

I pulled her off me slowly and leaned in to kiss her in her forehead for a short moment before I pulled her right back into my arms once again, this time, patting her back gently. I whispered into her ears gently, for the first time, my true feelings, "Alison, I'm here with you, I'm not going anywhere... I promise."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I felt her grip around my neck loosen. I figured that my words were conveyed to her. My guess was, whoever was leaving her in her dream did not leave and I could imagine he was just like me. He was hugging Alison in his arms, cooing her to sleep.

As unwilling as I was to let her out of my arms, I placed her gently on the bed and covered her body with the blanket, knowing that she could sleep better this way. Looking at her innocent and beautiful face, I could not help but smile genuinely at her. She had this smile plastered on her face that showed pure bliss and happiness one could ever feel.

Unknowingly, I reached my hand forward to caress her cheek gently, sliding itself on her smooth and tender skin. It was getting harder for me to resist.

"Kiss her." My inner voice sounded and I had no objection to that, for that was exactly what I was tempted to do and I did it.

The temptation was simply too hard to resist, it was either now or never. I lifted her chin slightly and then, gradually leaned down to take her on my lips. The moment our lips made contact, I could feel my world brightening up on its own. Everything just felt so great at this moment and I felt more... "Alive".

After savouring this sweet kiss we've just shared, I slowly pulled away, not wanting to wake her from her sleep.

Suddenly, the sound of vibrations interrupted the peace in the room. I recognized it almost instantly; it was my phone vibrating on the table.

"Who could be calling me at this time?" I wondered, as I checked the time. 

Time check: 12.30pm.

Without thinking much, I reached out for my phone and it read, "Eva". -- My girlfriend of two years.

---

Hey all readers! :) So here's the second chapter of my book featuring the Point of view of Aaron. I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce his POV for you all to know more about him ~ :) Please do let me know how you feel about this book/chapter by commenting! :D *Comments really meant a lot to me!* If you like it, please vote and share around with your friends. I'll be really thankful if you can do that. ♥  

Also, I'm really happy to hear from you guys in the first chapter, I had a really a good time reading all your comments and replying to them :') it was so heartening ~ I hope you can do the same for this chapter as well xD *sniffs*

Feel free to PM me if you want to share any ideas that you have, or simply become friends xD Bye ~

Picture of Aaron to your right! :D Cast: Jean-Luc Bilodeau :3 He's too hot for his own good! He literally made my jaw drop when I saw him ♥ xD Let me know how you feel :3 *Credits to @Harps14 for giving me such a great suggestion!* :D

© Copyright 2013 by Passion_Love. All Rights Reserved.