You're hired.

Chapter 4

 Frisca woke up after what felt like an eternity and found herself standing outside a hospital. The doors opened automatically before she walked in. There were patients, old and young either walking in the corridors or sitting quietly in their rooms. A nurse along with the doctor ran upstairs looking all tensed. Frisca followed them. and noticed Them both rushing inside a patient's room. As she went closer, she noticed that they were trying to stop a patient who was throwing a fit. The patient was struggling to get out of her bed by shaking her arms and legs vigorously. The petrified patient was screaming and seeing in a particular direction.  Her eyes were filled with fear. Frisca turned to see what she was looking at and was surprised on finding a nurse standing at the doorway. Unlike the one with the doctor, she hid the left portion of her body and watched the patient in delight. Frisca couldn’t see the nurse’s face but could sense that something bad was happening.

 Feeling uncomfortable, she left the room and walked past her. As she continued walking, she met a young man. She didn't know him, but still felt that she somehow did. The man pointed his finger at the room she had just walked out from. Frisca felt confused and turned only to see the same nurse standing on the patient's bed and taking the patient’s face closer to hers. The lights in the room turned into a deadly shade of red. The nurse was no human but a demon in disguise. Opening her mouth wide, she revealed her beastly fangs that were dripping with slime. She was invisible to the doctor and the other nurse. Unaware of what exactly was going on with the victim, they tried their best  to make her relax, but failed to realise that it was her soul that was being devoured by the demon.

"No!" Frisca shrieked and woke up with a start. Her voice had scared the living day lights out of Koru who had been sleeping peacefully beside her. Breathing heavily, she looked around and sighed after realising that it was just a mere dream.

 Magmus stopped what he was doing and turned to enquire if everything was alright. Seeing Frisca up and back in her sense, he thought it right to talk to her and find out more about her whereabouts.  "Hey, kid are you alright?" Magmus asked her with a look of concern in his eyes. “Do you need anything?” he added as he approached her.

“She just had a bad dream,” Koru commented and twitched his whiskers.

  Frisca shook her head nervously and glanced at his id card. It took her a while to remember where she was. She surveyed the room she was in and paused when her eyes fell on the man she had earlier embraced. Leaning against the doorway, he stared at Frisca coldly. His intimidating gaze made her shift in her seat. Magmus noticed the uneasiness in her face and turned behind, “Oh, I should have known it was you. When did you come in?” Magmus enquired curiously.

“It doesn’t matter when I came in, what matters is that my space is being violated,” He curtly replied and walked past them. Peeling off his surgical gloves, he walked around his work desk and sat on the revolving chair. Facing the two who were still seated on the sofa, he crossed his legs and closed his eyes as if he were meditating.

He was three years elder to her, or so she assumed as she cautiously saw him from the corner of her eyes. He looked strict and composed, a no nonsense guy rather. He had the same dress code as Magmus, barring the thin leather jacket that he was so found of. Frisca studied his face and wondered why he looked so familiar when all of a sudden he opened his eyes and locked it with hers. Frisca cringed at the way he looked at her, his gaze made her freeze instantly. His jet black hair matched perfectly with his mysterious deep eyes. Hard as much as she tried, she couldn’t shift her gaze from him. His intimidating gaze forced her to keep her eyes steady on him.

 "The girl loses, game over! I saw her blink?” Koru interrupted in his cynical tone and distracted them.

He glanced at Koru and gave him a deadly look. Koru whimpered  and recoiled under the table, while Magmus grinned.