Chapter Three

I fluttered my eyes open as the sun shot through a crack in the sheer drapes, and onto my face. I rolled onto my back, and put my hands behind my head, not wanting to move. Miller bounded up on my bed and began licking my face, causing me to laugh. "Alright, boy, I'm up!" I sat up and ruffled his fur. Miller got off my bed, and went to the door, seconds before it opened. Hailey barged in with Sebastian trailing quietly behind.

     "Hunter William Gerard Clarington, you have some explaining to do!" Hailey screamed.

     "Excuse me?" I questioned. I looked at Sebastian and asked, "What is she blabbing about?" Before he could respond, she answered,

     "I'm talking about thie stupid party that Mom is making us go to!" I rolled my eyes, and lied back down. "Get up!" I groaned, and sat back up to give her the death glare.

     "It's just a stupid evening tea party get together thing with Mom and some of her friends! Will you relax? Her friends haven't seen you and Sebastian together! Hell, nobody outside these palace walls has since you got home 2 weeks ago!"

     "Yes, but how dare you agree to this without telling me! Today is Gus and I's 4 and a half year mark! We're supposed to have a romantic day by the lake!" Hailey protested.

     "Can you forget about your stupid monthaversarries and remember that you are the princess of Coronia? You have duties, including showing Mom's friends your new fake beau! You brought this upon yourself by pulling Sebastian into this!"

      "Can't you get Mom to reschedule?"

     "Why can't you? This is your problem!"

     "Oh, I don't know, because I can't tell her that I've been sneaking around with Gus!"

     "Again, this is your problem!"

     "If you were in my situation with Santana-"

     "Don't EVER talk about Santana," I curtly shot at Hailey.

     "Fine. But I swear, ever since I came back, you haven't been so supportive of me and Gus."

     "I would be supportive if you weren't so stupid to try and cover him up!"

     "What is going on?" my mother's voice rang through the speaker system. "I've got Helga calling me to brunch, and then she starts rambling about you two fighting!" I pressed the button and replied as sweetly as I could,

     "It's all good Mom, we'll be done for brunch in a few."

     "Alright then... Come down as soon as you can, then!" Hailey rolled her eyes at me.

     "Stop messing with my love life just because you don't have one!" she yelled, before exiting dramatically by slamming my door shut. I glanced at Sebastian, who simply shrugged.

     "You can leave, Sebastian, I need to get dressed," I said to him. He hesitated, then replied,

     "But I want to stay."

     "I think I'm finally starting to understand..." Sebastian said quietly, as he threw another pebble into the lake. It was one of the many trips we've taken to the lake since our initial horse riding session. We brought over treats that I had snuck out of the kitchen.

      "What are you understanding?"

      "Who I am..." he paused, and I didn't say anything, silently urging him to continue. "This is what? The 5th time we've come to the lake? Every single time, I find myself thinking about the same thing... I can trust you right?"