Anniversary - Wally West (Kid Flash) x Reader

(WARNING: SEASON TWO SPOLIERS)

Independence Day; 4th of July; The anniversary of The Team.

It was crazy how many years had past since that day you shared with Aqualad, Robin (now Nightwing) and Kid Flash. The day you broke into Cadmus and found Superboy. Disobeyed orders from Batman and the rest of the League. Started something great that made you tag along.

It was funny how the covert missions would turn out to be the opposite, always resulting in Batman reprimanding your group but he would always say "Good work, Team." in the end. How Kid Flash would flirt with M'gann though she was with Superboy. How Robin would disappear sometimes during a mission. How you and Kid Flash would play video games at the Cave with Robin and Artemis joining in.

And now, there would be no parties. No video games. No fun times. No celebration on the anniversary of something great. No, the original four did not exist in a Team environment anymore and yes, you were apart of that four.

Where was everyone now, you must think? Kaldur went back to being the leader of the new team, Nightwing disappeared; He'll be found when he wants to be found, KF was gone, and you? You had retired with the speedster years before. There was no reason to go back to that life. You just couldn't, not without him. Not without your Wally.

The anniversary of The Team didn't matter to you anymore. You would probably cry yourself to sleep that night, like you've been doing since Wally's.... ceasing to exist.

You had hope, though. Hope that Wally didn't die. That he was just teleported some place else, but that was unlikely.

Why did you have to lose him? Why did he have to leave you? Why did he have to be so stupid!? You knew you shouldn't have gone back when Nightwing asked. But what could you say to an old friend? You knew he needed help; You couldn't say no.

And now, the red-head you came to love was gone.

What were you going to do without him lying in bed next to you? You couldn't move on. You refused to move on.

At least, until you knew for sure that he wouldn't be coming back. Because he would want you to move on. To be happy again and who were you to deny him something? You could never do that when he was alive and there was no way you could do it in his "death".

A/N: Yeah, this was a 4AM story idea (those reeeallly suck!) but I knew I had to do something for Independence Day and Young Justice was the only thing on my mind! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short, sadish reader insert! I'll be posting a "Journal/Update" soon so you know what I'm doing, atm. BTW I uploaded this from my phone :3