Chapter 11

11…

As they approached I saw who else was with Jacob. It was Seth and Embry. I stood there dumbfounded I did not know what to do, there was no escape from Emmett’s iron grip and Edward would catch me before I got to them. So I relaxed a little bit to wait to see what they had to say. When they got closer, the three of them put their hands up to show that they mean us no harm. I told Emmett I was calm enough to be released, as soon as I was back on the ground I started walking towards them. Edward and Emmett right on my heels, as I approached I noticed Jacobs face was sad, he was not happy to be here. Edward quickly grabbed me around the waist and held me. I knew he already knew why Jacob was here. I got five feet away from him and stopped, I asked him why he was here and he said “Bells, your dad is in the hospital; he is in really bad shape. We need you to come back to forks for a little while to tend to his affairs, I honestly don’t think he is gonna makes it.” 

I hit the ground and I was in hysterics. Edward was on the ground with me trying to comfort me. Alice was quietly sobbing I knew it was for my father I knew he was going to die. I reached up to grab hold of Jacob I needed to know what had happened to my father. I pulled Jacob down to the ground with me and I asked him what had happened? He told me that some young kid from out of town was causing a lot of trouble in town and Charlie went to pull him over for speeding, when Charlie got out of the car to go to him the kid pulled away and spun his car around and ran him over then backed over him. In the process of breaking every bone in his body including his skull he had a heart attack.  I had to ask Jacob when this happened and he told me four days ago. I stared at him in disbelief why was I not informed of this I asked? He said “Bella we tried to call you but all the numbers were changed.” Billy has been by his side for three days now and he keeps asking for you and he is getting weaker. I looked at Edward and he pulled out his cell phone, he was calling the airport making arrangements for our flight back to Forks. I called to Alice and asked her to pack our bags but of course she was already finished. Carlisle had already called the school to get us out of school on some family emergency. Apparently everyone was going back to Forks including Carlisle. I was going to need the support of my family. Carlisle came out then and said we were ready to go to the air port and that everything was taken care of between school and the hospital and we could leave without any further delay, Edward already had our flight arranged and even paid for the three wolfs to travel with us.  I glanced over to see Nessie putting her phone to her ear, she was calling Xander to tell him we had to go out of town for a family emergency and that she would call him as soon as we were off the plane to let him know that she landed safely, I seen out of the corner of my eye that Jacob was staring at her with a sour expression. THis hostility that Jacob was showing for his once imprintee was really getting to me. I quickly threw my shield around Edward and told him that I wanted to speak with Jacob alone and that Jacob could ride with me in my car while he rode with someone else. He glanced at me with the expression of sadness and I told him that it was only going to take a few minutes to get to the air port and then I would be in his arms again. He nodded once and I knew he was giving me the ok to do it. I looked at Jacob and told him that I wanted to talk to him alone on the way to the air port and I would like for him to ride with me there. Slowly he agreed but he did not look happy about it.

We got in the car and started down the long drive way, Jacob looked over to me and asked me what was wrong and why this was necessary? I told him I wanted to know why he hated Nessie so much. Jacob sighed and clenched his teeth and I reminded him I was no longer human and I could kill him with one swift blow to the head. He slumped back into his seat and said “well bells, it was really hard for me to realize that my words forced her to feel that I did not want her and it broke the imprint ties that held us together. I asked him if he knew how that works, breaking the ties. And he told me that we would sit down and discuss it when we arrived back at forks, he would rather have his father tell me about it so he did not get it wrong or skip over anything important. We sat in silence for the rest of the drive to the airport. I was thinking about everything he said, I do feel bad for my best friend but I am happy Nessie found a boy who will come and go. I heard Jacob tense up a little, and when I looked at him he had a very sad look on his face, I raised one eyebrow at him and he looked at me and said she is happy right? I sighed I knew he wanted me to say no, but I could not lie to him. I told him she was unhappy for a while but she is very happy now, I seen one tear roll down his cheek but before I could say anything else I realized I was pulling up to the valet parking. Of course Edward was waiting for me and as soon as the car stopped he was at my door before the valet had time to walk over to me. As Edward helped me out of the car, the man froze staring at me, I realized then what I was wearing, a cream colored sheer satin knee length dress with electric blue accessories. Edward tightened his grip on my waist as he was reading the guys mind and he bent down and kissed me, and said loudly so the human could hear, “how was your drive Mrs. Cullen?” the smug smile that played on his lips was hilarious. Jacob put his head down and started to walk away. I knew he really was not up to handling any type of romance when he was so alone in the world, I only felt slightly sad for him, and it was his fault for this undoing. Edward kissed me one more time and said that we needed to get on the plane it would be ready soon. I did not realize that we were taking a private jet straight to forks.