Death faces Old faces

*Alyssa POV*

Charlie S. Hart.

A loving Soilder. A loving heart.

2.14.08

I stared at it. Daring not to let any tears come out. A very important person lay in the ground that I stood next to. On the inside of me, I was crying a river. Destroying a delicate glass heart. Letting it fall into pieces. On the inside I was a monster, destroying everything in my path. I did this so that I can reach the 'Big Man' that lived above the world. I just wanted to be with the most important man in my life. My dad.

I miss him so much. I want to feel his hugs. His warmth is no longer there to comfort me. No kisses on my forehead. No more soft words to sooth me. No more smile. No more laughs. No more. No more of anything. I lost him. He's gone. He's gone and will never come back.

I just stared at the grave stone. The cold grave stone. It stood still not moving a muscle. Not that it could anyway it's cement. It's so dual. So lifeless. I wish it could brighten just so that I know my dad still smiles for me. I know he's looking out for me but...

I trailed off my own thoughts just in time to notice Bailey walking next to me. "You ready?" she asked. I nodded. Bailey came with to visit her dad. Her dad was a marine. Died when she was six. We walked in silence exiting the graveyard through the big black gates.

"Your lucky." Bailey muttered towards me. "What do you mean there's nothing lucky about death." I said completely confused.

"That's not what I ment." She turned her eyes towards me, her eyes cold as a stone. "You knew your father. You knew him long enough to have good memories of him."

I stopped dead in my tracks "Don't say that you knew your father. You know how he looks and his scent, his touch and feel."

"Then how come I don't REMEMBER anything about him." Bailey yelled and continued to walk, faster than before. I jogged and caught up with her. Spinning her around I stopped her "Bailey you were young, you may think that you don't remember him but you do. You just don't want to believe that you do. I know that you tried to erase him from your life. But he's your father and you can't. It just doesn't work that way." I told her. I wiped tears off of her face and placed my hands on her shoulder.

I rubbed her back as she took me into a warm bear hug. I let her cry on me soaking my shirt. I would have cried to but nothing would come out. To outsiders it may look like a 'gay romance', but screw them. Bailey pulled away rubbing under her eyes. "I like the new look." I laughed noticing her smeared mascara "Its very daring." She laughed along with me. We continued to walk until we got to the road that separated us. I bid a goodbye to Bailey and walked across the road. "WAIT!" I heard her shout. I turned on my heal to see Bailey running towards me. She hugged me big time and squeezed me. "Thanks." she whispered. "No problem," I told her then added "Your such a pussy." just for humor. That earned a smack on the arm for me, and a loud honk that made us both jump. We Both turned to see a angry driver trying to drive across the street.

"Get outta the WAY!" he yelled. I glanced at Bailey and nodded. We both Flicked him off an yelled "FUCK YOU. YOU A**HOLE!" we laughed and said bye once again. I ran the rest of the way to the sidewalk.

*******

Pushing up the window sill, I climbed in the dark room. Closing the window shut I walked towards the bed and sat on it. I looked towards the clock 8:27 it read. I sighed and looked at my stomach as it grumbled. "Someones hungry." I muttered at it. I walked out the roomdown the stairs. The kitchen came into view, as it did I saw that the whole 'bundle' (I guess that's what I can call 'that family') was gathered around the

table. As soon as I saw them I turned on my heal and tried to walk out unnoticed.

"Hold it." I heard a stearn voice say that I recognized as Rachels. I turned, eyes closed. I popped open my right eye. Rachels face was the first that came into my vision. "We need to talk sit down." she continued pointing to a seat that was beside Jason. Reluctantly I took a seat not wanting to start a conversation. I set my fidgeting hands on the table, bending my head down. That allowed my hair to fall over my face.

"Would you like anything to ear Alyssa." Miranda from across from me chirped.

"Uh no I'm good." I told her, ignoring that my stomach told me differently.

"Alyssa you need to eat something." Sean said. I just shook my head. "We know."

I snapped my head up "Know about what?" I asked curiously. He heald up my Diabetic monitor. Dammit I thought I got rid of that thing.

"Where did you get that." I demanded. Silence fell.

"I found it when I brought your food up yesterday." a voice that I've never heard before spoke up. I followed the voice until my eyes landed on Hunter. Oh so the little devil speaks.

"Why didn't you tell us." Jason asked from beside me.

"Shouldn't you have known. I would have at least thought that you read my medical record." I said. Pst what kind of person doesn't read a strangers records. They stayed silent. Guess they don't have a come back. I pushed back my chair and half stood until "No your not going anywhere until you eat something."

I fully stood "I'm not hungry" I told all of them. "Lynn told us that you have a habit of not eating so were here to make sure you eat your 3 meals a day." Sean continued. "You can't force me to eat. I say I dint want to eat. I won't eat." I said. Unfortunately, my stomach choose then to grumble very loud may I say.

"Looks like your pretty hungry..." Miranda squeaked, placing a plate of food infront of me. I sat down, not touching the food.

"Were not leaving until you eat." Rachel said. I just stared at her.

Jason threw his hands up and signed. "I guess It's time to use the 'secret weapon'" he said pointing to himself. He grabbed the fork and jabbed a egg and piece of pancake onto it. "Here comes the air plane open wide zzzzzz." he said moving the fork in circular motions. I couldn't help but laugh at him, still I kept my mouth shut. If anything I wasn't going to eat infront of 5 people if all they did was stare at me. "Come on." he pleaded. "Mmm" I shook my head. Jason puckered his lips and widened his eyes. I covered my mouth and spoke " I don't like dogs very much." my voice muffled. "Good thing we don't have pets." He chuckled. "But seriously please." I leaned over and whispered why I refused to eat.

I guess he understood because the next word that came out of his mouth surprised me. "Leave." he told his family. I heard his mother gasp and ask why. "Just do it." He said. Apparently he had some authority because the next thing I knew the table was cleared except for Jason a plate of breakfast and me.

"Say Ahhhh.." he said moving the fork around once again. I laughed and opened my mouth.

****************

I know it's short but I'm gonna put part two up maybe tomorrow because I have an idea for that one!!! I cut it short because the Do Sonething Awards come on in half a hour so I gotta do some things..... I Cang wait to see Demi Lovato performe Skyscraper for the FIRST TIME LIVE!!!

*

Anyway school stares in exactly a week and I'm dreading every second of it!! Let me know if you feel the same way. I need someone to make me a book cover because I have no idea how to do that!!!! Help I'll even read your stories ( if you've written any) and vote and comment on each chapter haha luv ya. And once again I changed my username from Uniquelove to XxActionBaddassxX to ActionBadOops and now...(Drumroll please...) SWEETCAKES143 haha I swear I won't change it again!!