Epilogue

The next morning, it’s slower. Quieter. There’s no grabbing, no nudging of hips as Louis' teeth nip at Zayn’s neck as he says, ‘I can fucking smell her on you’ before he drags his tongue across Zayn’s throat as though he’s trying to lick the smell of her away. And it’s not as rough, as unsure. Zayn’s hands still shake when Louis pulls him into his lap but he feels Louis smile against his neck when he licks him this time, and he wonders if that’s because he can only smell him this time, aftershave and tobacco and the hotel shampoo. Or maybe Louis can smell them, the smell of their skin bruising together and melting together and weeping together as Louis’ mouth moves up – up, up – up Zayn’s neck and under his jaw.

When they kiss it’s like the first time, Louis’ fingers digging into Zayn’s back, leaving cuts on cuts as Zayn dips his tongue into his mouth. They share a sigh when their tongues touch, chests rising and falling in unison as though they’re breathing each other in. Then Zayn tilts his head and slips his tongue over Louis’ and they melt into it, hips rocking gently. Louis’ hand relaxes, his finger tracing lines up and down Zayn’s back – up and down, up and down, slow, so slow – before stopping to draw a heart on his shoulder blade. Zayn shivers, then shivers again as Louis moves his other hand over his hip. That makes Zayn kiss him deeper, hands in Louis hair, tugging at it as Louis’ fingers curl around him.

It isn’t as careful this time – as clumsy – Louis more sure of himself and in a few smooth strokes, Zayn’s hard again. Then he’s falling back onto the bed and when Louis follows, his mouth on him, it feels so good that Zayn starts shuddering and panting his name, and he doesn’t even know what he’s telling him to do until Louis reaches for him and holds on with both hands.