My Opinion Doesn't Matter [[07]]

I sighed as the bell rang. That meant that school was over and I had to head to the conference room where my tutor was waiting for me. I slowly collected my things and trudged out of the room, being last so I could stall any way I could.

When I had gotten home yesterday my mother and father sat me down and had a big conversation with me, or rather a lecture on how I need this and if I don't I won't get into a big college, etc. That conversation/lecture was followed by 'Go up to your room and study.' and a 'We're leaving, watch your little sister.'. We live in a house full of maids and butlers, but I am stuck watching my little sister while my parents go to "parties".

"Veronica." My eyes snapped to the voice who had called me and I saw Lily. My smile dropped and so did hers. "You can't come over, can you?" I shook my head. "Why not?"

"I have-"I was cut off by Mrs. Jaun.

"Veronica, we can't wait forever." I sighed and watched as she walked and opened the conference room door, holding it open for me.

"I have a tutor now." I finishedto Lily. "I'll talk to you later." She just nodded and watched as I walked towards Mrs. Jaun and into the room.

"Next time you'll have to be faster hun. This tutor isn't going to get paid so you'll have to be here on time." I just nodded my head. If I didn't listen my mother would hear about it later. "Well, Veronica, this is Kaden Sanborn." My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the boy. It was the same guy that I had talked to at his party the other night.

"Well Veronica, if you'd like we can get started with Calculus right now." I stared at Kaden. He didn't look at all like he did at the party. His hair was messily swept across his head, but in a neat way. He was in a polo shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans instead of the tux I saw him in the other night.

"Okay well, I'll leave you two so you can get to work and I'll see you tomorrow Ronnie." I nodded and once the door was closed I stared back at Kaden.

"What?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. I shook my head, trying to get myself to stop staring and I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Okay so what are we doing first?" I asked. He glanced at me then shoved me a folder. "What's this?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Just open it and you'll see." I didn't like his tone that he was using with me, but I did as I was told and opened the folder to find a stack of papers in it.

"Am I supposed to do all of these?" I asked. Kaden nodded and leaned back in his chair. "Aren't you supposed to help me?" I didn't get this tutor thing, but how my parents was he was supposed to help me, not just sit here and watch me do work.

"I am, but I don't feel like it today so wake me up when you're done with at least 5 of them." I watched as he closed his eyes and drifted off. I sighed and pulled out a paper. I couldn't just sit here. If Mrs. Jaun walked inI didn't want to look bad and not be doing anything.

I put my pencil eraser to my lips as I thought the problem over. I couldn't get past this problem and it was only the second paper.

"You're doing it wrong." I jumped at the sudden break of silence.

"I thought you were asleep." I mumbled.

"Eh couldn't fall asleep. If Mrs. Jaun walked in I'd have to look like I was helping you anyways." I just rolled my eyes and looked back down at the paper in front of me. "You're still doing it wrong." He told me.

"Then why don't you help me?" I replied, angered a bit and knowing the answer he was going to give me.

"You set the problem up wrong and you used the wrong equation." I stared at him in shock. I hadn't actually thought for a second that he would tell me what I was doing wrong.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Kaden leaned forward in his seat and pulled the paper towards him.

"Can I see your pencil?" I nodded and offered the pencil towards him. A few seconds later eraser marks filled the paper and Kaden blew them off before writing a few marks and changing some things around. "Here, try this." He pushed the paper back towards me and I looked at the problem and smiled.

I'd never actually been helped in my life. I was always pushed to do things on my own and be independent, but it was nice knowing I wasn't the best at everything.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I said as Kaden grabbed a hoodie off of the back of his chair.

"Yeah. I guess Mrs. Jaun wants you to do a worksheet and take a quizjust to see what you need specific work on." I couldn't help, but smile. "What?" He asked. I just shook my head.

"Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow then." Kaden nodded and walked out of the room.

I wanted to jump around in joy for I wasn't the smartest person in the world. I wasn't what my parents wanted from me and it actually made me feel good. I suddenly stopped the happiness in me and looked down. I wasn't what my parents wanted and I was happy about it.

What was wrong with me?