Chapter Five

This chappy is dedicated to the amazing spikkelchicken! Oh how I do love you! (Not in a creepy way XD) Your encouragements, chats and frequent help is what’s gotten me so far in this story! Thank you!

Chapter Five

After I’d successfully – okay, and a little smugly – kicked Jaiden’s ass for the second time – hold your applause please – he decided that I somehow must have cheated. I know. The nerve of him! I started screaming at him and at one point Sara actually had to drag me away from him, which I’ll admit I was less than proud of. I reluctantly apologised for shouting at him on the one condition he apologise for accusing me of cheating and then state that I did not. Which I didn’t. He was just trying to get back at me for embarrassing him in front of the entire class when I’d kissed him and rolled him over, which caused him to get a little... excited. I’d brushed it off as an everyday occurrence which was due to nothing more than my irresistible sexual prowess... Yeah I know, but let’s not go there.

He seemed to relax again when I didn’t tease him about it. Don’t be so shocked. I know I’m a stirrer but I’m not cruel. Well not to children. I kind of wish I had teased him about it though when he became his old self again and decided, very vocally I might add, that my kissing him had nothing to do with distraction techniques and everything to do with the fact that I ‘had the hots for him’. I laughed. Hysterically. For a very long time. Until the little punk started making sleazy innuendos in my direction. I was more annoyed about the fact that he was disrespecting me while I was acting as a guest teacher than the fact that he was suggesting very inappropriate things. I wanted to thrash him again just to get him to shut up. I hated the fact that I wasn’t hunting more so after dealing with Jaiden due to the fact that it no longer required me to carry an armed weapon. A gun would have come in very useful when dealing with him I think.

Needless to say after class when I stayed back to help Sara get everything in order, he decided to stick around. Not to help clean up though, oh Lord no. God forbid Jaiden should wreck his preciousfists of doom’ with a little tidying up. No he decided to just hang around and bug me some more.

“You know I’m available,” he stated bluntly. I snorted on my laughter and raised an eyebrow in his direction.

“Really? I never would have guessed,” I said flatly before rolling my eyes.

“Well I don’t have to be, I choose to be,” he said quickly, aware of how I’d twisted his words around.

“Okay, whatever helps ya sleep at night kiddo,” I said in a condescending tone as I tried to bite back my laughter.

“It’s the truth!” he declared. “I’m in high demand with these other girls ya know.” I couldn’t hold it in any longer, I cracked up.

“Of course you are!” I howled through my hysterical laughter. I could see Sara over in the corner trying to hold in her own laughter at my little outburst.

“I am! You ask any one of them! Ariane has been all over me for years! Trixie’s been dropping hints for the past couple of months. Even Vida’s been sniffing around for some Jay-action!” I only laughed harder at his self-given nickname. “I’m serious Harlow!” he declared, looking self-conscious. That brought my laughter to an abrupt halt. Oh God. He was being serious about this. Not about all of the girls, obviously. I mean from what I knew Ariane was with Ben and wasn’t the kind of girl to play the field, Trixie was batting for the same team if you catch my drift, and Vida was just as shy as Shannon. But about me. He wasn’t riling me up earlier, that was his way of being – dare I say it – ‘irresistible’.

“Jaiden, I-I...” I paused, trying to gather my thoughts and determine the best way of breaking this to him gently.

“Don’t tell me you’re not interested,” he said. Surprisingly enough his words weren’t demanding or confident. They were weak and unsure.