Chapter 16: Memories

Three and Four saw the others approach and took defensive stances against them. The stopped where they were as Two went to check up on One. Claw leaned over Five's face and almost cried. He took a deep breath and breathed out as he lay his forehead on hers. Five's eyes open wide and lets out a cough. She got up with Claw's help. She staggers to fully stand. One woke up after Two healed her stamina and instantly sprang up to continue her fight with Five, but stopped when she saw Five staggering.

Izumi smirked and talked condescendingly, "What? Has she given up? Over what? A little deal she made in the past?!"

Kaila punched Izumi and said, "Stop Izumi. Let's just kill them all new. It's a waste of time to enjoy their demise."

Kaila and Izumi smiled at one another and rushed towards the Five. Before one could stop them, everyone froze. Time had simply stopped. Five stumbled, but Claw grabbed her waist and helped her up. She limped to the two and lifted them up with levitation magic, along with Two and One. She cast a portal back to the hotel under Three and Four sending them back to the hotel, however, not before she had a note made for them. Three and Four fell with surprised faces onto the couch when time started. They looked at each other confused and then at the note on the table. While doing this Claw and Five slowly turned into children.

Claw panicked and questioned, "What are you doing?!"

Five only gave her usual weak smile and walked towards the four that were still frozen.

"I'm giving them a chance to see our life. For me... for us. Let them go back into the past." Five wavered.

"Are you crazy!" Claw scolded. "That could kill you! We would vanish by the amount of magic we'd have to use. They could alter everything that happened." He began to cry, "You could lose your mind again..."

Five hugged Claw to her and whispered, "As if I haven't already Claw... Just let what happens happen. I've lived long enough..." Five held on tighter to Claw as she thought, 'I will win or lose today. I will keep my promise or I will not."

Soon the world turned into darkness around the group. Five was in front of them and remembered her friends as children laughing and playing around. She placed a hand on One and Two's cheeks and leaned her forehead onto theirs.

With a single tear she whispered, "I'm sorry."

A light surrounded the group of four. Suddenly gasping for breath they found themselves standing in a field. Two examined their surroundings. One stared at the ground clutching a letter in her hand.

Izumi approached One and asked, "Where are we?"

"Master do you know?" Kaila inquired.

"One?"

"We are in a memory of Five's. Here read the letter Two." One said emotionlessly.

One thrust the letter into Two's hands. Two opened it and from the letter Five's voice read its contents.

"Welcome to my memories, I have put a quest in your hands to see why I kept so many secrets from you. Your journey, if you accept, is to go through memories that are very special and that I keep in the dark. You'll finally learn my promise I kept to those who were important to me. But the catch is that you must protect this little girl. You should see her soon."

"Bitch!" Izumi yelled annoyed. "Why is she doing this? Why doesn't she just..."

Izumi stopped his yelling as soon as he heard a girl singing to herself in the distance. A small girl in a simple crème dress. There was lace that covered the main fabric and a ribbon that surrounded the waist with a flower in the middle on the front. She skipped into the field and came towards them.

Looking up with grey eyes and her hair in a bun she asked, "Who are you people and why are you in my hiding place?" She frowned.

One didn't seem amused and replied irritated, "We're on a trip kid and you're coming with us!"

The girl pointed a finger at her and stomped her foot. "No I'm not! You're not a very nice person and my daddy said not to go with strangers." She folded her arms and scoffed at One.

One was about to throttle the little girl when a man came along looking for the girl. He looked like the first king. He smiled in relief when he found her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Sweetheart," He said sweetly, "these are friends of mine and they'll be yours later. I need to go away for a while so I want you to behave and go with them, okay?"

The girl looked at him and grew a wide smile. "Okay daddy!" She giggled, "I want a hug first!"

The man laughed and scooped up his daughter into his arms and spun her around. The others stood confused as the old majesty held the girl tenderly.

It finally clicked in One's mind. 'That little girl is Five.' She thought. "Why should we take her?" She questioned the king.

The king laughed. "You have not changed, Akira. You were always obstinate to do something. You'll find out what happens to us later and why you must take care of her." The king turned to look at the others and saw Two. "Bexz! Look at you my boy! You've grown so much. Here take Ava." The king handed him the child. He bowed and said, "My wife is waiting for me and so are your parents. Farewell."

One and Two's eyes widened and exclaimed in unison, "Wait! What about my parents?!"

But it was too late, a light surrounded the king and blinded them except for the young Ava. She sighed and frowned. She looked at One glaring at her, while Two looked confused and disgusted. Five hugged Two before being let down. After the initial shock they began to walk in a random direction and Five trotted behind them trying to keep up.

Five caught up with One and looked at her. "You know what Lady?" One grunted. "We're going the wrong way." She answered innocently.

Five stopped before them and One turned to glare daggers. One stomped towards her with evil intent, but Two stopped her.

Two sighed and turned to the young Five. "Do you know which way to go Five?"

The little girl tilted her head confused from the name. "Five? Who is Five? My name is Princess Ava and I'm 20 years old Mister!"

Kaila was shocked, "How... never mind, can we just kill her now?"

Izumi nodded, "That would make things a lot easier."

The brought out their weapons and were about to kill the young girl but were mysteriously halted.

Ava frowned. "Stop that!" She said in her little voice. "I may seem small and young in Eldorian age, but I'm three times smarter and stronger than you!"

"She's got a point." Two remarked.

One moaned in aggravation. "Fine! Don't harm her in any way." She thought, 'Not yet anyway.' One kneeled before Ava and said, "Okay then Princess, show us the way."

Ava shook her head no. "I don't know if I want to! You're not a very nice woman and you didn't say the magic word. I might show Bexz the way because he's very pleasant and mild-tempered."

"Ugh!" One cried out. "You're worse than the older version! Alright, I'll be more ... understanding. Will you PLEASE show us the way out of your imagination."

Five nodded happily and ran in the opposite direction humming her little song again.