Lilly Parker

"Max! Come in here!" King Zander had waited long enough. It was time to talk to his son about succession. Max was almost 18 after all.

A young man with raven hair appeared.
"Yes, father?"

"It's time to have the talk."

"Dad, I already know about s*x."

"Not that talk! I'm talking about succession. You're going to be king soon."

"Yeah... About that, why is it 18? Shouldn't I inherited the throne when you're ready to retire or when I'm older like 21 or something?" Max questioned.

His father sighed. He WAS ready to retire. He never wanted to be king in the first place. Zander had had to rule for 25 years.

"Do you want to be king or not?" He asked.

"Of course I do. It's just don't you think 18 is rather young to be king?"

"Would you rather wait until your a little older?" King Zander hoped his son would let him retire.

"No! I'm ready. It's just a little odd. I can't wait to be king." Max exclaimed.

"Good, but before you become king of the Dark Realm there's something you need to know."

"What is it?" Max asked impatient. He was ready for his destiny.

"You must marry before you inherit the throne." Zander remembered when he was young. He was unfortunate enough that his parents forced him to have an arranged marriage and, since his father had been dying, become king.

"Excuse me?"

"You have to get married before you become king to ensure that there will be heirs." Rules were rules and no matter how much he wanted to change them Zander couldn't. It was the law. Sacred law that even the king himself couldn't change.

"If that's what it takes to be king so be it." Max was determined.

"That's not all. To balance out the light and the dark you must marry a woman pure of heart."

Max frowned. Finding someone with a pure heart was no easy task. Not everyone is 100% good.

"Is that all?"

"This isn't something you should take lightly, Max! This is your future!"

Max rolled his eyes.

"I want to be king. I don't care what I have to do to get there. I will be king."

Zander was taken aback. His son used to a sweet, considerate boy but he had turned into a power hungry man.

"You are free to leave now." Zander sighed once again.

"How do I find a girl with a pure heart?" Max asked.

"Serena will show you."

A pretty girl with black hair and red eyes entered the room as the king left.

She waved at Max to follow her and he did. They exited the throne room and entered a room full of monitors.

"Of course! These will help me find her!"

Serena looked down shifting uncomfortably.

"Yeah I heard about that. How are you taking the news?" She asked.

Max looked at her in confusion.

"I'm going to be king. I don't care if I have to marry some girl to do it."

"But she isn't some girl! She's your future wife!

Max waved her off.

"It doesn't matter. Just help me find her."