Chapter 1- The Trio

"So now we must fight, young Rider," Ayutharian said.

His purple dragon, Opalis, who stood behind him protectively, also threatened the Rider before them.

'If you think you can beat Ayutharian and I,' She started. 'Then you are sorely mistaken.'

"Ahh, but there you may be wrong, Shur'tugal," Ayutharian's female opponent retorted, stepping forth from her green dragon, Fírek's, shadow. "This is a fight without dragons, and I might still beat you."

The female rider drew her brilliant green sword, Feahthum, and twirled it in her grip professionally. "After all," she continued. "I am a skilled swordswoman."

"Yes, that may be true," Ayutharian replied. "But Your knowledge of the ancient language, is it better than mine?"

He smirks to his opponent, and draws his own sword, shimmering purple, named Car'roz.

Another young rider, named Krevin, crawled through the foliage, into the nearby forest, the greenery being thick enough so that the fighters couldn't see where he was, and started to watch the match with interest.

The female Rider, smirked back to Ayutharian. "Maybe not," she answered, dragging her sword's tip lightly through the blades of grass. "But there is no magic in this battle anyway. I'm not sure if I can trust you." A sly smile was engraved upon her lips as she began to strut around Ayutharian.

Krevin's dark blue dragon, Cobalt, confined his thoughts, so that no one can hear him, except Krevin, and says, 'This will be an interesting match. I've heard stories of Opalis. She is a fierce dragon, so I wonder what her Rider will be like.'

"No magic you say?" Ayutharian asked, cutting off the spells and wards he had created around himself. When he was finished, he continued, "Very well. Then this will be a challenge of might. No matter. Car'roz has seen many battles, so there is no way you could defeat it. Let us begin." He finishes with a fierce strike from underneath the Rider, aiming for her chin. Even though Ayutharian is fast, the girl is faster, and she blocks the attack.

Even though the attack wasn't completed, the girl noticed the strength of the attack.

'He's strong!' She tells Fírek.

'Than be graceful, not brutal,' Fírek responds. 'That is his weakness.'

She agrees, ducks down, and releases her grip on Car'roz. Ayutharian's sword tip hits the earth as she barrels away from him.

'Ayutharian, she underestimates your skills,' Opalis said. Hearing that, Ayutharian back flipped over the girl, and took a quick slice at her from above.

As Krevin and Cobalt were watching the match, Krevin commented to Cobalt, "Opalis' Rider is a master at sparring, or so it seems. We should see what Fírek's Rider can do."

'Be careful!' Fírek warned the girl.

'I've got this,' she said as she stroked casually with her sword, and pushed toward Ayutharian.

'He's stronger than you, don't forget that!' Fírek reminded the girl.

'But I am agile,' she replied. She ran the blunt side of her blade quickly over his, before swinging towards his knee.

With the reflexes of an elf, Ayutharian jumped over the oncoming blade with ease.

'Now finish her off with a strike from behind!' Opalis said to him. With that, he jumped over, and took a slice at her back.

She felt the rush of air as Ayutharian's sword came down. Right before it hit her, the blade was somehow thrown easily to her side.

"I didn't say no close cut wards did I?" She said with a grin.