Finding Prince Charming

Marshall laughed next to me. "Hold up," she grinned. "You want to hire someone to date you?"

Katie and her boyfriend Max laughed too. Lisa pouted. "I think it's romantic."

"Thanks, Lisa," I sighed out. "Look, Marsh. I know it's crazy, but you don't know my parents! My mom and my dad got married two months after they met. They're crazy! All my siblings are married and are starting families too, if I don't come home with at least a little arm candy I will sham my family."

Marshall's short curls went crazy in the Manhattan wind. She gave sad kind of smile. "My parents are fine as long as I reproduce."

Lisa grabbed my hand while Marshall hailed a taxi. "I know how you feel, Care-bear, it's okay. My parents ride my case sometimes, too. Hey! I know! I'll be your boyfriend!"

We all burst into laughter and Lisa grinned disheveled-like. "Okay, Lis. And when my Conservative parents kick me out of my own family, we can go to New York and get married," I said, eyes rolling.

Marshall laughed and gave us all a quick hug before she and Katie did their gay-ass handshake, sounding like fireworks at the end. "Hey, Care, when you find a prince charming, find one for me too."

Nodding, I giggled. "Who's to say I'll even find one?"

By the next Friday, four days before school was over and I was finally done with my Junior year of college, Lisa and I had come up with a way to find Prince Charming.

Literally.

Posters were all over the school about our sorority hosting a play next year and we needed characters. And, honestly, we did. There were two other plays being held for next year, and the sorority who makes the most money gets to give all the income to a charity of their choice. It sounds ridiculous, I know. I'd been one of the few who'd begged to keep the money--hey! We needed it!

But anyway, today we were finding two men to cast as Prince Charming. Originally, the theme was fairy tale. 

Lisa sat at the chair in the middle, and I next to her. On her other side was her Shih Tzu-Beagle, Muffy. 

Almost half way through a man came in, dressed in a  theatrical prince-like comstume. It was blue, with a fake foam sword by his hip. Every now and then he'd look from us, to his hand, where he'd obviously wrote down the words. 

"He's hott," Lisa whispered, "think we should give him a part just to watch that nice little butt all day?"

I nodded, completely drawn to him. He was, without a mother-fuckin' doubt, hott as hell. We'd hardly noticed he'd stopped until he cleared his throat and brought us from his oggling. "Excuse me, but I'm, uh, yeah. Done."

I'd be awkward if crazy girls were dreaming about pinching my butt too.

"Okay. You can go now."

He looked uncomfortable. "Do I get the part . . . ?"

Lisa shook her head. "No, sorry. But--"

"--That wasn't a very . . . uhhh . . ." How do you tell someone they suck?

"It was horrible," Lis said, nonchalontly. 

Prince Charming still stood there. 

"Dude, we've got other people auditioning--"

"Yeah, yeah, right. Uhh, sorry," he mumbled, waving his hand as if to stop me from talking. Which he did.

About ten minutes later, Lis decided to take a break, and her and Muffy went to get some water. On my way out of the bathroom, I was stopped by a Prince.