Chapter 3: The never-ending beginning

'I'd still choose you; in a hundred different lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality. I'd still find you and I'd choose you.' - Unknown

-x

Once upon a time there was a girl and a boy. It was a perfect story, they would say, for this one had a very happy start and a very happy middle. People would tell them it was nonsense, because shouldn't be the ending that should've mattered? They thought so, too.

"Happy endings doesn't exist. Why? Because true love never ends."

But what is a perfect story?

Does it contain those perfect weather, perfect place, perfect time, and day? But not all needs to be perfect. Some, just needs to be right, like the right person at right moment, they would tell.

Though, right things and right words that happen at the right time is what makes it seem as of like a perfect moment, doesn't it?

Here's a tale of two, a boy and a girl. Two pure hearts, innocent souls and untainted lives slowly intertwined together by that one right and perfect moment, part of their perfect story.

The story began like this: there was a boy named Ichan. To those who knew, he was much of a bookworm and a shut-in. He always would went to their very own library and read, he'd always climb those dusty bookshelves, spent his time playing with his imagination. He had always been surrounded by books. He thought it was a perfect life. Books were his happiness, stories were his home, the characters in the story were his friends. Above all else he was contented, he thought, him, the boy- Ichan.

But everything changed one day.

It was around the middle of spring, Ichan was living the way he lived almost every single day. Until one day, he decides to go outside, wanting to stroll around and go sightseeing for a while. It was a perfect day, he'd say. It was a day where cherry blossom petals started to fall from trees.

It was odd. Above all the oddities that he'd done, this was probably the most odd thing.

How fast does the cherry blossom leaves fall? He'd ask. So, what he did was stare at a leaf that had newly fell from the tree and started to count.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

He estimated the distance. And, then he got his answer.

Five centimeters per second was how long it would take for cherry blossom leaves to fall from the tree, be taken by the April wind, and soon after be found somewhere on the ground. Pink, beautiful cherry blossom leaves scattered everywhere, and Ichan found it fascinating, rather, captivating.

He continued his adventure.

Suddenly, in an old playground, he saw a little girl, who's just about his age. She was pretty lonely. The girl was just swinging on the see-saw by herself. He was thinking a lot of things, actually. It was strange. It felt strange. His heart started to race. And he didn't know why.

Slowly, he started to walk towards her, the girl. As soon as his foot stepped on the entrance gate of the playground, he felt an unexplainable feeling. It was a very familiar sensation.

And it felt like his heart stopped beating for a moment. After that, it was pounding very hard, and his chest started to hurt. He had a hard time breathing. Every heartbeat was loud, and it was fast. He couldn't hear anything besides the loud thumping of his own heart. It was scary, rather, it was frightening.

He started to walk.

Every step he took, every time he breathed, every heartbeat that his heart made, and every faint sound he heard throughout the play ground, everything around him seemed nostalgic. It was as if he had done this before- in another time, a different place- some other existence.

"Hey! Are you lost?" He stopped midway when he heard a voice from behind him. It caught his attention, so his gaze was driven away from the little girl that he eyes was fixed on. He slowly looked behind him and saw another little girl that was about his age. A girl with her blonde hair up in a ponytail, her deep blue eyes that looked like the sea, it felt like you'd be lost in it. She was pretty. Captivatingly pretty.

"Uh-" He replied with a stuttering voice. Ichan didn't know what to say, lost his words. But by this time, his heart started to calm down, his chest didn't hurt as much.

"Hm?" The little girl looked at his eyes. It was as if she was staring at a whole different world. It was weird, she'd say. It was oddly beautiful. It was probably nothing she had ever seen before because it was normal. And normal was something she doesn't always see every day.

"No, I was just looking around."

"Oh. I thought you were lost. Do you want to play with me?" It took him a long time to respond but nonetheless he said,

"Sure."

He looked behind him to see if the girl was still sitting on the swing. But what he saw was far from how he expected it to be. He saw a little boy, walking towards the little girl. He asked her a question that was all too familiar.

"Hi there. Are you okay?"

Slowly, the little girl raised her head and stared at the boy that was standing before her. He smiled.

"Do you want to play?" He asked but the little girl didn't know what to answer.

"Let's play!" He exclaimed and smiled at her. It was a smile that captivated her heart. He grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the swing she was sitting on. The little girl felt something she couldn't explain. It felt like there was something that wasn't right but she just couldn't put her hands to what it was. She had this feeling that this had happened before. A time where she was running with a little boy and he was holding her hand. Running across the streets, with cherry blossom petals falling from trees.

It didn't felt right, they would say. 

-x

Author note: Sorry for the very late update. I mean, it's Christmas! Merry Christmas! Everyone's busy so I'm terribly sorry for the late, lame update. Though, thank you for those who still read this story! I'm gonna update as soon as possible. :D