Cold Feet

Part 2: The Ferris Wheel Scene 

“Yeah! Yous gets to go to the carnival!” Joe slurred, I almost forgot she was still here. When I’m with Riley I sometimes forget my surrounding because she consumes all my attention. “Will you carve me a pumpkin?” Riley laughed and nodded. “Yay!”

“Joe, its time for you to go home now.” she smiled at me but I could tell by the vacant look in her eyes she didn’t hear me. “JOE!”

“I heard yous! Cheesus!” she grumbled. “Nice meets with you Wendy.”

“Riley.” She corrected with a smile.

“Riley! Well isn’t that a pretty name.” I groaned and turned Joe towards her car. “Bye Ly-Ly!”

“Bye Joe.”

“I sees yous at the wedding.” She giggled.

“And I’ll be keeping a close eye on you at the wedding.” I smiled as I poked her nose she laughed and gave me a hug.

“I loves yous.”

“Love you too Joe.” She smiled at me and tumbled towards her car. I shook my head and looked over towards Riley. I had to do my best to not blatantly stare at her. I was used to her looking beautiful, because she was a beautiful girl, although I wasn’t used to her looking…sexy. I held my breath to make sure that I none of my thoughts came spilling out of my mouth.

Maybe I should have taken my medicine today.

She looked…who was she meeting and why was she dressing like this for them? She was wearing a loose belly shit showing off her flat stomach and pieced belly button. Her shorts were incredibly short and started right below her hips and ended just below her butt. No wonder Johanna was looking at her ass cause she was right, it looked good. Because her shorts started so low, they showcased the tattoos on her hip. She wore a jacket to hide the ones on her shoulder and back. The jacket had some baseball logo on the pocket. She wore a flat bill hat that had the same logo. It wasn’t until I noticed the hat logo did I see that her belly button ring was the same as well.

I didn’t know she liked baseball so much.

“Oh! My dad got me all this stuff from his team.” She smiled playing with her hat. Shit I need to quite doing that.

“Oh yeah that’s right you’re dad is a minor league baseball player?” she nodded excited and folded hands behind her back; she was so cute. I saw Johanna’s car drive by and waved at Logan when he saw me. “Come on, let’s go to the carnival.” She smiled that breathtaking smile of hers and walked with me towards the gate. I handed the man behind the box our tickets and led her into the carnival. “What do you want to do first?” I said looking around at all the rides and booths. She bit her lip and shrugged.

I could see a twinkle of excitement in her eye as she looked around. She looked amazed and intrigued by everything she laid her eyes on, from the rollercoaster’s to the fired Twinkies. It was cute, how she was amused by anything and everything. It was like she’s never been to one before?

“Is this Riley’s first time going to a carnival?” I teased her as I put my arm around her shoulder.

“Yeah. I always wanted to go to the Fall Carnival as a kid, but I never really got to go.”

“When is that person you’re waiting for going to be here?” I asked wondering how much time I had alone with her.

“Um…he said around 2:30 maybe 3:00.” I flinched at the pronoun ‘he’ but shook it off.

“Alright, do you want to…”

“I want to go play at the dunk tank!” she cheered as she dragged me towards the game. I laughed at her childish attitude. “I’ve seen this in movies a million and one times. I want to play.” I laughed and followed her to the booth. “So how does it work?” she asked taking the three white plastic balls from the man.