5- "I want to play with you in my room too!"

Lena slid off of my bed and stood next to me as I stared at Blake through Brianna’s bedroom window. He was standing awkwardly by Brianna as she stretched her arms high above her head in a seductive manner. Her thin camisole—that I assumed she squeezed into as soon as she got home—rose up to reveal a couple inches of her toned stomach. I smiled to myself when I realized that Blake hadn’t glanced down at her torso. Instead, his eyes were focused on her face as his lips moved. It was times like this that I wished I had more talent in the lip-reading department.

Lena coughed, bringing me out of my trance. “Did Blake tell you that he was going over there?” Her fingers combed idly through her hair as she spoke while her big brown eyes fixated on mine as a look of genuine curiosity settled onto her face.

I shook my head and reached forward to close the thick purple curtains that framed my window. “Nope. He just told me that he had homework and other things to do and that he would call me later. I guess it’s not that big of a deal that he didn’t tell me. He probably just forgot.” I shrugged nonchalantly as if it was no big deal that my boyfriend was hanging out in the super-slut’s bedroom.

I could tell that Lena wasn’t buying my blasé attitude from the way she placed both hands firmly on her hips and raised one challenging eyebrow at me. “If my boyfriend was hanging out in a bedroom with some girl, without me knowing, I would be furious.” Lena placed one hand on her knee as she bent over to peek through the curtains that were now blocking the view into Brianna’s bedroom. “And if she was flirting with him like that, I would be jealous too. No matter how much I denied it.”

I ran my tongue over along the back of my teeth, fiddling with my fingers for a moment before I spoke. “She’s flirting with him?” My words came out shakier than I had intended them to.

Lena shrugged, pursing her lips as she looked at me. “Sure does look like it. Maybe she has an evil plan to steal Blake away and turn him to the dark side!” She rubbed her hands together, looking slightly devious. “We should call him!”

“And say what?” We couldn’t just call him and demand to know why he was hanging out in butt-head-Bri-Bri’s bedroom. If we did, they would know that we were spying on them and Blake would think that I didn’t trust him; although it’s Brianna that I don’t trust.

“Ask him what he’s doing! Invite him to dinner! Use your imagination!”

Lilly dangled her feet over the edge of my bed with a big smile etched onto her face. “Tell him I said hi and I want him to come play dolls with me!”

I dug my cell phone out from the small pocket in my back pack although I was still unsure about calling Blake. Lena leaned over to peer down at the small screen with a serious look on her face. She tapped the screen with the nail of her index finger, “Call him and put it on speaker!”

A deep sigh escaped from me as I typed in his number from memory, “What if he doesn’t answer?”

Lena hardly had a chance to answer my question before the phone connected and Blake’s voice sounded in my ear.

“Vi?” I noticed that his voice was a bit shaky and nervous as he spoke. “Can I call you back later?”

I sighed as I saw Lena giving me a frustrated look as she pretended to be pressing—stabbing really—a button in the palm of her hand. Begrudgingly, I obeyed to her silent demands and put the phone on speaker.

“Ask him if he can talk!” Lena whispered yelled at me. In any other situation I would have come up with a sarcastic remark about how it is obvious that he can talk from the way his voice just come out of the phone speaker a minute ago, but instead I just obliged to her whispered demand.

“Can you talk? It’s important…” I chewed on my bottom lip while I waited for him to reply. There was a long pause before I heard any noise come from the Blake’s phone. I even glanced at the screen a few times to make sure that he hadn’t hung up.

Finally, noise crackled through the speaker. “Of course I can, Violet. What’s wrong?”

“Um… I was just going to ask if you would… Um… Explain the theory of evolution to me?”

A high pitched chuckle boomed through the speaker and for a moment I wondered if it was Blake that had laughed. “Violet, did you really call me to ask that? You have never shown an interest in anything that was school related before.”

“I know I haven’t but this year I’m going to focus all of my attention on my studies. I even started my homework as soon as I got home!” I crossed the middle and index finger of my free hand. I have always been a firm believer that if you cross your fingers when you lie, you can’t really get punished for it. Of course, this theory works better when I’m not face to face with the person that I’m lying to. Maybe that’s the reason why people always know when I’m fibbing.

Blake coughed into the phone, “I’m actually really busy right now, Vi. Can I call you back later?”

Lena shook her head zealously as she wagged her finger at me. “Ask him what he’s doing. If he lies then he’s hiding something,” She whispered.

“Blake, what are you doing?” At Brianna’s whore house? I wanted to add that to my question but if I did, he would think that I didn’t trust him.

“Studying.”

“What?”

Blake cleared his throat before he spoke. “Studying. I know you don’t do it that often but it’s when you open up a text book. Read it whilst taking notes. And sometimes you obtain some information that you can use in the future.”

Lena rolled her eyes but I could tell that she was trying to stifle a laugh.

“No dip, Sherlock. What I meant to say was," I grappled for something to say, "tell your mom that I said hi.”

“My mom? I’m not even at home, Vi.” There was a long pause before he spoke again. “Are you sure that that was what you were going to say?”

“Blake, why are you playing in Brianna’s room?” If I didn’t know any better I would have thought that the words had come out of my mouth but to my surprise, it was Lilly that was speaking. “You always play with Lizzie in her room and now you’re playing with Brianna in her room! That’s not fair! I want you to play dolls in my room too!” Lilly’s bottom lip quivered as her eyes widened and slowly began to water.

Lena reached for Lilly in an attempt to console her but Lilly stepped towards me, wrapping her arms around my legs as she started bawling. I reached my free hand down and ruffled her hair, trying to calm her down.

“I’m not playing in Brianna’s room.” My stomach churned as realization swept over me. Blake was going to deny the fact that he was at Brianna’s house. If he said that he wasn’t at her house then he was obviously trying to hide something from me. I held my breath and bit down on my bottom lip as he began to speak again. “I’m tutoring her.” I sighed in relief although the way that Blake had hesitated made me a little suspicious.

“Do you have to tutor her in her bedroom though?”

Blake’s deep sigh carried through the phone. “Vi, I’m just helping her with her math homework. Our teacher asked if I would be willing to help her out with her homework since she was having trouble in class today. That’s all.”

“Blake.”

“Violet.”

I could feel the tears stinging at my eyes and threatening to spill over, but I forced them back. Crying shows weakness and I hate being vulnerable. “Brianna is in my math class, not yours.”

^____________________^

A/N: Uh Oh… Poor Violet, eh? Blake was so sweet at first. Who knew he was a little liar? :O Speaking of Liars, is anyone else addicted to Pretty Little Liars? What about The Nine Lives of Chloe King? Make it or Break It? The Secret Life Of The American Teenager? Switched at Birth? The Lying Game seems interesting as well! I love ABC Family shows… :D

I want some honey nut cheerios.

Song of The Upload:I Write Sins, Not Tragedies By Panic At The Disco (It’s old… Yeah yeah but it’s still an awesome song! In my opinion at least. :P )