Bob

When I wake the cause is heat, and something sharp digging into my right cheek. I rub my eyes, and the action is closely followed by a harsh stinging along the places my hands touched my face, and I dont need a mirror to tell me Ive been sunburned pretty badly. I hope I dont get skin cancer from this.
I feel as though I should bury Bob now, before he decays any farther, I don't think I could handle the smell, and the heat will make that so much worse.
Maybe I could use a coconut shell to dig the grave, but the one I ate last night is in pieces, I need one that has at least half of it in tact so I have something to scoop the dirt with. Maybe this is just an excuse to eat some more, I don't know, but I don't really care either.
The forest is not even remotely as scary in the daytime, and because of this I am able to search inside it as well for a fallen coconut that is not yet rotten. I find a couple more and make my way back to the place that holds my sharp and heavy rocks, I wouldve taken more coconuts back but the li'l shits are really heavy. Or maybe Im just really weak, I guess we'll never know.
When I get back I dump the coconuts at my feet, on drop to my knees next to them, running my hands through the pebbly sand until I find the one Im looking for, ripping off the green outside and quickly exposing the inner shell. I repeat my actions from last night as I place the stones in place and split the fruit roughly in half. The first half I ravage, eating everything I can, the second I am more careful with, only scraping off a light layer of the edible part. I take the stronger half and wander back to Bob, I need to dig this today, before the shell is too week and Bob falls apart, I don't know when that will be and I don't want to find out.
I begin to dig, scooping out small piles of the sediment, it's slow going, and really hot, eventually I take off my shirt. I know this will result in another sunburn, but at the moment that sounds better than boiling inside this black, long sleeved Tee-shirt.
After what feels like, and probably is, several hours, Ive dug enough out for a shallow grave.
It feels disrespectful to drag his body into the grave, but he's a lot bigger than me normally, and dead bodies bloat, and Im not very strong paired with the fact that all Ive had to eat and drink in the past two days are 2 coconuts makes dragging him my only option. Taking his jacket feels disrespectful as well, but I need it more than he does.
It's much easier to pull the sand back into the grave than it was to dig it out.
I find a log thats roughly 2 feet around and broken on both ends so it's not very long, and I use it to mark his grave.