Equius Grub

"This little grubs name is Equius. He's about 4 weeks old now, but I must admit he is a little small for his age. But please (F/N) don't let that fool you, he is INCREDIBLY strong. It is apparently due to his blood color, but it could also be a mutation. His strength makes him nervous sometimes, which will, well, make him sweat... A lot. Please do not be alarmed if this happens, just dry off the young grub with a towel and feed him some milk, he really loves the stuff. I think that's all you need to know about this little one. He really is very nice. Have a great day, (F/N), and have fun!" Rose smiles and exits. You spy in the corner a tall pile of clean towels. Rose made YOU a little nervous. It's strange to think that a creature of this sort sweats, you'd think their internal heating system would be different from humans.

You make your way over to the young grub. He rolls out from under the blanket, he looks at you whilst on his back and wriggles a bit, trying to get comfortable you think.

"Hello, human." His voice is strikingly deep for a young one, it's not fully masculine, but not what you expected to come out of this grub.

"Hello, Equius. How are you?" He decides to roll onto his stomach so he can properly approach and greet you.

"E%cellent. What is your name, human?" You aren't sure what to think of him calling you human. It seems a little cold.

"My name is (F/N)." He repeats this, but seems to stumble over it at first. You nod, letting him know that he did in fact get it right.

"Thank you (F/N). Would you get me Milk? Please?" You smile, and take note of how polite he is. He must have a strict lusus, but he seems to do well despite this.

"Yes of course, Equius. I was told it was your favorite. Would you want it in a bottle?" He nods vigorously. You place your hand in front of him, and he climbs on. He is only slightly bigger than your hand, which is about the size of a 2 week old grub. He should be double this size. Either way, you move him from your hand to against your chest as you walk to retrieve the bottle of milk.

He lets out happy chirps as you pour the milk into the bottle. You tighten the lid and set the bottle down as you readjust the grub in your arms. Cradling him like you would a human baby, you pick up the bottle and begin to feed him. His small needle-like arms reach for the top, holding it steadily in place as he sucks the liquid down.

You notice small cracks in the bottles lid, near Equius' grip. It's just a coincidence, right? He couldn't have cracked it. His grip doesn't look that tight at all. Moments later, the cracks start to leak. The indigo blood doesn't seem to notice at first. That is until the leak becomes a downpour, as the crack has become a hole alarmingly quickly. The grub lets go and cries out.

"I'm very sorry!" He lets out a few distressed chirps, his small eyes full of fear. You set down the bottle in the sink and reach down to pet his head, and calm him. He flinches, then eases into your touch. You definitely understand what Rose meant about the profuse sweating. Normally, you would mind, but he seems to scared you really cannot be too harsh.

"Equius, it's alright. It was an older bottle anyway. No harm done. Let's clean us both up. Would you like more milk afterwards?"

He sniffles softly and shakes his head no. A mischievous smirk slides across your face, unbeknownst to Equius. You know a sure fire way to cheer up the nervous young troll. Reaching your hand a little further down, you tickle his exposed, fleshy tummy. This ignites a series of giggles from the highblooded grub. His long hair gets in the way of his eyes, so you brush it behind his arrow shaped horns.

You carry him to the towels, unfolding one, you set him on it. He rubs his cheek against the surface and chuckles a little. Lifting the towel with him in it, you rub and pat him dry. After the highblood chirps for his release you then swaddle him in the towel. He growls at the action, so you decide to unwrap him. You give him an apologetic smile, and he unfurrows his brow. Now sitting on the towel, he looks down at himself. Indigo dusts his cheeks.

"Thank you for cleaning me. I'm sorry my STRENGTH broke the bottle." The embarrassment of the situation rises in his voice. You frown, and venture to pick up Equius once again. This time however, you hold him at eye level.

"Equius, it was an accident. Thank you for apologizing, it's very kind, but there is no need to apologize for your 'mighty strength'. Don't worry, young one. One day you will learn to wield it well." His eyes seem to get bigger as they peer into yours. He looks at his arms, then back to you. He smiles. You notice a missing tooth, you wonder whether he accidentally knocked it out or if he is making room for a new tooth naturally.

Soon after you settle in to read the unusually small grub a story. Moments after the hero had defeated the giants, Rose quietly entered the room to check on your progress. Rose smiles when she finds Equius turning the page for you whist sitting in your lap.

"Did you have fun today?" She asks, it seems he hadn't noticed her presence before this moment. He starts to sweat, being frightened.

"...yes. (F/N)? I'm sweating." You nod and smile at the grub, already reaching for the towel you kept from earlier. Rose stifles a laugh and looks to you.

"We had a very good time today. I think I'll be seeing you tomorrow, right Equius?" He chirps out some adorable nonsense as you finish toweling him off.

"Are you volunteering to do grub watch again? We are supposed to have an olive blooded grub in tomorrow as well..." Equius looks up at you, confirming your answer.

"(F/N), you must stay. Please." His arms leaving marks on your hand as he stares up at you.

"I think that's answer enough." He smiles and nuzzles against your hand. Equius was a handful, but you are sure you can take on two tomorrow.

A/N: I made an announcement book so I can keep my readers up to date of my projects and would really appreciate feedback on it. I plan to start a new story when I am caught up with my grub requests. I have two options and want to know what the people want!

Also the Cue for the next grubs will be as follows
-Eridan
-Nepeta
-Feferi
-Aradia
-Mituna (part 2)

Thanks for reading! And be sure to leave requests and scenarios in the requests chapter!