Prologue

"I think that's everything." I said to myself as I brought the tape roller across my cardboard box. It's been awhile but Dad has finally found us somewhere to live. I of course went over all the finances before he told the realtor that we'd take it. . . Dad isn't very good with money. Mom was the one who handled that kind of stuff; but after she left Ikki and I have taken over that duty. I didn't mind doing the banking at all really, but I do find myself wondering about why she left. It was only about a month ago but the searing anger I feel towards her burns through me like a wildfire. I rocked back on my heels, shaking those thoughts away. I promised myself that I would be strong for everyone, my feelings are unhelpful in our current situation. "Do you need any help carrying that stuff down?" Ikki asked as he took a look around my empty room. "If you're done your own packing I wouldn't mind thanks." I replied, stepping aside so he could lift my boxes. Ikki, Taro and I get along extremely well; I don't think we've ever fought. I smiled to myself as I followed Ikki down the hall. "Ikki - Nii! There's someone at the door for you!" Taro called as we approached the door. "Oh I forgot; the student council president and vice president from Miyabigaoka said they might stop by." Ikki said. "Yoko can you go see what they want? I'm sure they are here to give me documents regarding the scholarship." I patted Ikki's back and danced around him. "Don't worry about it. I'll tend to them." Ikki gave me a grin and went out the back door to help the movers finish loading the truck. Dad is already at the bakery setting things up for work. He's been working so hard to get the bakery in tip top condition; I just hope everything will run smoothly for when we open. I turned the corner and saw two boys standing in the doorway. One boy has dark black hair that parts in the middle where as the other boy has bleach blond hair. It suits him well and I wonder if that is his natural hair color. They both wear white uniforms with a black trip so I guess they must be the student council president and Vice President of Miyabigaoka high school. I have read that they are a top ranked high school, known for their wealth. Ikki applied for a scholarship when we found out we had to move to a different town. I could have easily gotten into Miyabigaoka as well, but I decided that my time is better off spent helping Dad out; so I am going to Seika high. It was an all boys school but has recently become co - ed. I chose it because it isn't too far from the train station; I'll have to take it to get to my part time job in the town next door. I placed my hand on Taro's shoulder and gave the other two boys a smile. "Welcome to our home. I apologize that Ikki - Nii cannot come and greet you himself. He is currently helping the movers; though he has asked me to come and tend to you, so welcome." I said as I bowed. "It's quite alright. We should have come when you were settled into your new home. My name is Kanade Maki, Vice President at Miyabigaoka High and this is Tora Igarashi our President." The boy with the black hair said. "Are you Ikki Tukimi's sister?" Tora asked. "Yes Igarashi - Kun. My name is Yokonaro Tukimi and this is Taro Tukimi.": I said cheerily. "Welcome. I must excuse myself to finish with my packing, so please excuse me." Taro said as he bowed respectively then left. "We won''t keep you for too long Miss Yokonaro. We just came to give you this home warming gift and your brothers scholarship details." Kanade said as he offered me a wrapped parcel and an envelope. "Thank you very much. Once we are settled I will have to invite you both over for tea to thank you." I said as I bowed then took the things out of his hands. "We will have to take you up on your fofer Miss Yokonaro. Thank you for your hospitality; we hope to see you in the near future." Tora said ass he brought my empty hand up to his lips, kissing it gently. A warm feeling tingled up my arm, me fighting the urge to blush furiously. "I will walk you out to your car." I told them as I stepped forwards, gently shutting the door behind me. "You are a very kind girl, much like your brother." Kanade said as he and Tora stepped into pace with me. "Ikki-Nii has always been kind to people, you are lucky to have him at yoru school." "We sure are. He has some of the highest grades we've ever seen." The driver of the black SUV opened the passenger door for the two boys and waited patiently for them to get inside. "Thank you very much for stopping by." I bowed as they god into the car. The two boys gave me a smile and a wave before the driver shut the door.

I stepped back and waved as they pulled away; keeping my composure until they were out of sight. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my ice blue hair. Those people are too serious but I suppose thats how you act when you have that much money and power. "That's everything! Thank you so much for helping us." Ikki said to the movers. "Are you ready to go?" Taro asked, pulling on mysleeve. "Yes. Let's go. I am sure dad can use our help." I replied as I walked up the driveway with my brother. "Get in." Ikki said as he opened the passenger door for me. "Thanks. I said as I got in and placed the package and enveloppe in my lap. I stared out the window as we pulled out, but I didn't look back at the house. . . because I'm afraid that I would have fallen into pieces.