Chapter 4: Why Can't Everyone just leave me alone??

Looking around the classroom, I wondered what everyone was thinking. The strange boy with the amber eyes was already gone, and so I sit alone, which is surely the fate of my future here in Countryside. The teacher was talking about botany, which is something that I already know front and back, although that is nothing to brag about. Sighing about my deprived life as I fiddle on my iPhone and fiddle with my diamond encrusted gold bracelet, I tugged my head away to look at the teacher, who was making it no secret how he was staring at me.

I still cannot believe that he is the teacher! My hopes of having passing grades and keeping up my cruel parent's expectations are totally shattered now as the teacher already obviously hates me. Suddenly, a note lands on my desk, abruptly bringing me out of my sad stupor. I hesitantly picked it up, and cringe as I read the cruel lettering. "Hey Katelyn you look like you and I would make great friends! Do you want to hang out and do some biology homework later?? :)"

I cannot believe it. It seemed like this whole school was out to make a mockery of me, and the "smiley" face seemed like it was just another knife in my stomach. I slowly crumpled the note, trying to ignore the obviously fake smiles that my classmates and totally hot teacher gave me as I waltzed around to the front of the classroom. After I sat back down, I started to hum a song, one that I always sing when I am depressed..

"You other brothers can't deny..... That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist..." I tried to keep my voice down, but after a few seconds, everyone stopped talking or paying attention, and started to stare at me. I was speechless, trying to block out the whispers of "Dang that chick should be in chorus!" "I wish I sang as well as her!" "I hope she wants to be my friend!", and trying to choke back my tears. But when they started to slow clap, I absolutely lost it.

"STOP IT!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face and I ran out of the classroom, stopping right by the door and breaking down. After a few seconds of absolute agony, the teacher, whose name I learned was Mr. Ryan Seacrest, (no relation to the famous and extremely handsome man) came over to probably mock me. "Hey, are you okay Caitlyn?" Sniffing attractively, I covered my ashamed face as I knew that he would hate me more if I told him that I had been bullied by his lovely students. "I'm okay, I am totally sweating through my eye sweat glands..."

He nodded and reached behind his back to grab a rose. "That happens to me all the time. Those pesky eye sweat glands." He put the rose behind my ear and gave me a totally sexy wink. "You are a very beautiful young lady, Caitlyn, and I look forward to seeing you in my class again." 

I blushed, aghast, as I realized what that meant. My tears started to run again as I gathered my things and started to walk away. He stood there awkwardly, most likely judging me as I used my map to find the way to the luncheon. My tears clouded my eyes as I walked down the hallway, away from the irresistible man who seems to have gone out of his way to make my life horrible. He tried his best to make me, a poor, plain, and easily manipulated minority, fall for my unobtainable homeroom teacher.

The lunch bell conveniently rings and I wipe my tears and start my trudge onward to another period, trying to calculate how much time it'll take for me to get me lunch and walk to my car to try to hide my pitiful face from all these dangerous teenagers. I'm first to the lunch room, and thank Allah as I get my food and try to run outside. But the fates don't seem to be in my favour as a hand appears on my shoulder. I quickly punch the mystery person in the face, only to realize it was the boy with the strange lighting, whose name that I telepathically learned was Derek.