The first mission

Chapter five: the first mission

As I gasped for breath I jolted up on the bed. "where am I?" I asked distressed. "calm down." the nurse said as she looked up from her notebook. I looked at her for a bit and my expression eased. "you're lucky you were able to survive." she said as she looked back down at her notebook. As I examined the nurse I saw she was covered in bandages only able to see her blue eyes and her brown hair. "He nearly hit my stomach, if Corvo didn't have his oversoul active I could've expired." he said as I looked down at my wound covered in bandages. I sighed as I stood up. "hey Necro I told you to stay seated." she said as she motioned to the bed. I glance at her name tag and sighed. "Nygus I need to see my meister." I say as I wince trying to walk.

She sighed and opened the door. "Sara, he's ready for you." she said as she stepped aside. I look through the door as I was tackled by my meister. "Necro I'm glad you're ok!" she exclaimed as she hugged me tightly. "Sara calm down it was just a scratch." I say as I wince at the contact. "a scratch?" she asked annoyed a bit. "you fainted for blood loss." she yelled at me. "alright I guess he did get me." I say smiling as I shrug a bit. "Sara, Necro lord death wants to talk to you." the professor said as he stood outside the door. "oh lord death!" she said surprised. "let's go." I say standing up and helping up my meister. As we walked down the hall towards the death room my eyes widened in awe seeing the lined up guillotines. "this place is amazing!" I exclaim as I look over to my scared meister partly hiding behind me. "hey Sara what's wrong?" I ask as I rub her head. "lord death wanted to see us, this doesn't bother you??" she asked worried. "not really, maybe it's good news." I say smiling as I run ahead.

"NECRO!!" she whined and chased after me. I laughed as I reached the death room. "WHAZAP WHAZAP WHAZAP!" the figure said as he turned to face me. "hello lord death." I said smiling as I bowed a bit. I looked to my side and snicker seeing my meister panting a bit. "so you wanted to see us lord death?" she asked tiredly. "well, I want you two to go on your first mission." he said in his usual goofy voice. My expression brightened and I smiled. "really?? Where!!?" I asked excitedly. "wait Necro, what if we're not ready for a mission?" she asked worried. "Sara, it's ok you got me as a weapon." I say snickering. "alright you two, your mission is in the valley of death." I smile and grab my meister's arm. "let's go!" I yell running out of the death room. "CORVO!" I exclaim as I jump off the stairs into the open air. As we were about to hit the ground the skeletal crow caught us. Smile and point towards the clouds. "TO THE VALLEY OF DEATH ASAP!" I exclaim as he flew faster.

I smiled and enjoyed the ride while I try to help my meister calm down. "Sara don't worry, we can beat him." I say smiling as I crack my knuckles. "al-alright." she said as she relaxed a bit. As we landed in the valley of death I jumped off of Corvo. "Necro you should get into weapon form." she said as she examined the terrain. "alright, Corvo black wing resonance!!" I exclaim as I glow purple and attached to Sara as the skeletal armor. Suddenly the armor began glowing black as wings appeared and a blade appeared in her hand. The back of the blade was covered in steel feathers as the front had a slight curve. As she readied the blade three kishins appeared. "NEW FLESH!" a kishin exclaimed as it threw a knife towards us. "CALCIUM WALL!" I exclaim in my metallic voice as my reflection appeared in the blade. As the knife was about to hit, a wall of bones appeared and blocked it.

"CALCIUM BARRAGE!!" I yell again as the bones struck the first kishin. "SARA NOW!!" I yell as I glance at the crippled monster. "right!" she yelled as her eyes became light blue and sliced the kishin in half. "DON'T FORGET ABOUT US!!" another kishin exclaimed as it lowered its steel fist towards us. As Sara blacked the attack with the blade she grabbed his foot. "BROTHER FROST GIVE ME POWER!!!" she yelled as she froze the kishin in ice. "nice one." I snicker as I glare towards the final kishin. "CORVO DISPERSE!!" I exclaim as the wings and the blade disappear. "I'll end this quickly." I say smiling in the reflection. "RESONATE TIGRIS!" I exclaim as steel claws appeared on her hands and feet. "WHITE TIGRIS STRIKE!!!" I yelled as we charged at super sonic speed slicing the kishin into pieces.

I change out of my weapon form and collect the kishin souls. "hmm." I say as I examine the frozen kishin. "we should report to lord death." Sara said as she pulled out a mirror. "alright." I said as I pull out a sharpened bone. I twirl it slightly as I shove it into the ice destroying the entire thing. "three kishin souls exact." I smile as I eat them one at a time. "forty two, forty two, five sixty four." Sara mumbled as she wrote the numbers on the mirror. As the picture I lord death appeared on the mirror both of us smile brightly. "hey lord death." I said as I wave a bit. "hello you two, I believe you were successful on your first mission?" he asked as he bounced around in the mirror. "yes it went well, we're returning to death city soon." Sara said smiling brightly. "alright, just remember that if Necro wants to become a death scythe he needs to collect ninety nine kishin souls, and one witch soul." lord death said as he nodded. "alright lord death. Got to go its a long trip back home." Sara said as she put the mirror away.

"hey sara what did he mean by collect souls?" I ask confuse as I create hand signs. "oh if you want to become a personal assistant to lord death you have to collect that amount of souls." she smiled as she wiped dirt off of her dress. "corvo, rise!" I exclaim as the skeletal crow appeared. "let's go." I say hopping onto the crow. I help my meister onto the crow as we begin flying back to death city. "ONWARD!!!" I exclaim as we began flying off into the skies.