You're my light

I sat there, dumbfounded by what was standing in front of my attacker and I. "Stand up and walk over to me kitten, I don't bite, but he does. You see this nasty little man has raped 13 women and killed 3 men, he's a very bad man and do you know where bad men go Jeffery? Hell. That's where they go and guess who's going there? You are big boy. Now let my poor little kitten go, she is pretty hurt. You bruised a few of her ribs and her cheek is red, although I never saw you slap her... Who slapped you Kitten?" He asked, directing his question to me. "Uhm... My bastard of a boyfriend." I replied finally getting the strength to stand up. "Where do you think you're goin' girly?" I guess Jeffery asked as I stood to run away, but the other one beat me to it. "She is coming to me, I shall protect my little mate even if I means sending you to hell earlier than planned. Now come to me Kitten." He growled as Jeffery went to grab me again but the angels words must've froze him in place because he stopped mid motion, arm extended and all. Frighteningly I ran over to the dark angel who had his arms extended preparing to catch my stumbling body . As if time unfroze Jeffery lunged at me only to be caught by the throat and thrown against the wall that I had been pinned to moments ago. "Time to go Jeff. Good bye." He said calmly as he was engulfed in dark blue flames. Feeling the effect of the attack finally started to seep into my bones as I realized I was now alone with this stranger in barely any clothing that functioned correctly. Finally stepping in front of me he held out his hand waiting for me to grab on to it. Whimpering quietly I backed away slowly and prepared myself to run away but the worst pain I've ever felt rushed through my body, leaving me hunched over and crying. "I'm Ryder Blackman, and you my dear are in some serious pain. He cracked a rib and bruised two other ones. So, I'll take you to my place downtown and you can tell me about the jackass who harmed your beautiful face. Now I am going to come to you, don't freak out because you'll get hurt even more trying to get away from somebody who would do anything for you... Now look up at me and prepare for flight my little Kitten." He said patiently waiting for his last command to be followed before picking me up bridal style and taking flight into the shadows.

I think I'm going to die. Yes that's right this beautiful dark creature man is going to drop me and I'll die because all of my bones are broken. Oh god.. Am I going crazy? Nah Dev, you ain't going crazy.. You're probably still in that buzz phase. But the conversation I was having in my head was quickly put to a stop as Ryder and I landed on top of a big ass balcony. "We're here. I'll get you a t-shirt and some tea... We have a lot of stuff to talk about. I know you have questions to ask me and I will give you answers, but you need to trust me enough to know that I would never dream of hurting you. Ever." Huskily he muttered as he walked inside and sat me down on a black leather couch. He opened another door and walked into a dimly lit room that I guessed was his room because after a moment of opening and closing drawers he walked out with a black long sleeve and some boxers for me to wear. Standing up with a gasp I grabbed the clothing from his hands and walked to a closed door he pointed to. I changed quickly, walking out once I heard him take a seat on the couch. "Don't just stand there Kitten. Come sit down and ask your questions that I know you want to ask." He said sitting up a little more and taking a little sip of the stuff from his mug, he was correct I had many questions to ask him and I wanted answers. I scrambled towards the end of the couch and sat down hesitantly watching his every move. His jaw tightened and he stared at the wall in front of him. "Ask away darling." He said looking over towards me his eyes softening as he searched my face. "What are you? What happened to that man who tried raping me? What is a mate?" I asked already preparing to ask them again when he started talking gently. "I am as you would say a 'Fallen Angel'. Jeffery was sent to hell for his sins and as for what a mate is, you may want to put your cup down and listen to ALL that I have to say." Emphasis on the all he began to tell the ancient story of angelic soul mates. "It was a long time ago when a Great War started in heaven. They out casted us because we believed that some sinners should do time in hell then be able to go to heaven after, but that was not what they believed so they kicked us out and sent us to hell. That is why we are called fallen angels because we fell for the wrong belief system. Sense they took away everything from us, they figured that we wouldn't have mates or our wings anymore but now they are watching our ranks find mates and the only difference between our wings is that they are no longer white, but differ by your rank. That would be why mine are as black as they're. Lucifer and I are the same rank... Basically there can two devils but Luke is the one who doesn't take any bullshit. He'll send you there and not even care anymore, we've been hunted just like regular angels, only we have no remorse for the god they are serving under." He finished bowing his head and folding his arm in a defeated kind of stance. "Are you evil?" I whispered gently, moving closer to him. Looking up quickly I was frightened by the intensity of his penetrating gaze,"I may be bad and possibly dark around the edges but I am not evil. Everything I've done has been to stop evil. Fallen angels are the image of evil, which is a complete lie. We were sent down here because they didn't believe in what we were fighting for." I was almost scared but the words that shattered my logic was the last thing he said before he got up and walked towards the bathroom. "Devlyn, I have a dark soul and a darker heart, but you are my light. You're my light when all else gets dark." He said quietly shutting the door and leaving me to my thoughts.