Love Is a Delicate Thing Part Four: Love Will Set Us Free (Rose's P.O.V.)

I could hear the Doctor's screams off in the distance, the blood-curdling screams escaping from his lips that echoed inside my head. They were all I could focus on. His screams kept me on the brink of consciousness, trying to fight for what I cared about most in this universe: my Doctor.

Each outburst of screams I heard from the Doctor sent a tear down my cheek. I felt a weight being pressed down on my heart, knowing I couldn't be there to comfort him. I tried to move my body to get out of these unruly straps, but nothing was responding. I racked my brain to try and think why I couldn't move, but it was slow to process everything. I couldn't quite think clearly, as if something was holding my thoughts back.

"Well look who is awake." A deep voice said off to my right, sending immediate shivers running down my spine. "How are you feeling?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but a wave of nausea washed over me. I closed my mouth, not wanting to spew any contents of the rest of my stomach onto my clothes.

"Oh, so sorry. I forgot to warn you about the nausea the Orbs produce once inside your body to keep you under control." I could practically hear the grin spread across its face as it spoke, enjoying having complete control of the situation. I wanted to smack that grin off its gruesome face, but nothing responded. All I could do was lay there and listen to the Doctor's cries, letting the tears fall down my face.

The creature slowly walked closer to my head, the sound of its shoes hitting the floor echoing through my mind. It leaned down and whispered into my ear, "Mourning for your precious Doctor, are we?" It reached over and ran a cool ringer down my cheek, sending for shivers running down my spine. "I bet the sound of his suffering is just crushing your puny human heart." I wanted to scream out for the Doctor, but I couldn't open my mouth without feeling sick to my stomach. I had to get the Orbs out of my body and find the Doctor. I had to help him. Hearing his pain only made my heart ache for him more.

I felt a tingling sensation in the six spots where the orbs were, almost delightful and pleasant. The I felt something try to force its way up my throat. I tried to force it back down, but it was stronger than I was. I opened my mouth and gagged, watching six small orbs the size of peas fly into the air and land on the floor lifeless. I instantly felt strength return to my body, my mind cleared of anything that kept my mind fuzzy. 

"No!" I heard the creature yelled, furiously running around the bed to the Orbs, trying to reactivate them. "No no no! It can't be!"

I grinned as I opened and closed my hands, regaining feeling back into my limbs. I squeezed my fists one last time and felt something in my right hand. At first, I was scared that it was another piece of these creatures' technology, but then I felt the familiar texture of the main shaft of the device. I pressed a button and smiled, hearing the familiar hum of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver in  the air. I pointed the screwdriver at the straps at my feel, and they immediately retreated into the table. I grinned some more, pointing the screwdriver at one wrist, and then another. I freed the rest of my body and sat up on the table, looking at the creature with a grin similar to the Doctor's. "I've had a lovely stay here, and I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a Time Lord to save."

The creature stood and growled, showing me it's true height. Without thinking, I pointed the sonic screwdriver at its face and pressed the button, letting the sound of the screwdriver fill the air. It screamed in agony, falling to its knees, covering its ears with its hands. It looked up at me with fear in its eyes, asking one question with a single word. "How?"

I walked over to it, still pointing the sonic screwdriver at it, and said with total confidence and no fear. "How was I able to escape? I escaped through love, love for the man you are currently putting through so much pain. You have made a mistake letting me hear his cries, because now you have unleashed the Wolf. The Bad Wolf, and there is nothing you can do to stop me from saving the Doctor." 

I ran out of the room with the sonic screwdriver in my hand and love pumping through my veins. I was going to save the Doctor, my precious Doctor. I would fight a thousand of these creatures to save him if I have to, just to be held in his arms and smell his sweet scent. 

I was in love, and will set us free.