Chapter 12: The Student and the Teacher

The sun streamed in through the window, making the stone walls and floor appear to glow. While Harry knew it was only an illusion of sunlight, the effect was remarkable. He gently shook Ginny's shoulder as she lay beside him. It was the first day of their last year at Hogwarts, and for reasons Harry couldn't fathom, he was bubbling with excitement.

Ginny grunted as she rolled over and faced Harry. "What time is it?" she asked wearily.

"I don't know, Gin, but it is morning."

Harry sat up, taking the covers with him, revealing a naked Ginny lying in the bed beside him. Wow, thought Harry, as his desire to get up and start the day took a large dip. Sleeping in a bed together without fear of Molly Weasley entering the room certainly had its advantages.

Ginny smiled as she pulled the covers back over herself, noticing Harry's wide eyes and lingering stare.

"Perhaps a cold shower would be a good idea," suggested Ginny.

Harry grinned as he leant over and gave Ginny a good morning kiss. Harry swung his legs out of bed and stood up, realising he too was naked. Harry looked around but couldn't spot any clothes on the floor.

"Where are our clothes, Ginny?" asked Harry as he turned to face her.

Ginny took the sight in, noting how much better Harry looked after three months recovery. He still bore several scars that would stay with him for life, but he looked fit and healthy. Ginny hadn't noticed how much he had physically recovered until now.

Ginny shook her head, "They're around here somewhere," she said, suddenly feeling very much awake as she slid across the bed and stood up next to Harry, putting her arm around his waist.

 "I think I'll join you for that cold shower."

Harry chuckled as he stepped across the room and picked up Ginny's gold watch, which had been lying on the desk. After checking the time he walked back to Ginny and put an arm around her shoulders, leading her towards the bathroom.

"It's only seven o'clock," Harry told Ginny, "so you can choose to have a cold shower, or hot if you'd prefer."

Ginny looked at Harry and thought she saw the telltale sign of glowing eyes, even in the bright sun lit room. She felt her pulse quicken and wondered if she would ever find a way to resist those green eyes.

                                                               *

Harry and Ginny entered the Great Hall for breakfast. Before they had left their room, Harry had suggested that Kreacher would be able to bring them breakfast in their room, but Ginny reminded Harry that she was a Prefect and it was expected that she would attend most meals with the other students. After all, they had to be able to come to her if they had a problem.

Harry had known Ginny was right, so he had dressed in his school robes and packed his bag with the books he and Ginny would need for their morning lessons.

He now sat down at the Gryffindor table and helped himself to a plate of bacon and eggs. As Harry and Ginny sat discussing the upcoming day, they were joined by Seamus Finnigan and Neville Longbottom.

"Morning you two," said Seamus, his Irish accent more pronounced than usual after spending the last few months back in the country of his birth. "Did you see the schedule for the muggle class, Harry?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah, we only have an introduction today after lunch. They're doing some sort of orientation around the castle in the morning."

Neville leaned forward as he looked at Harry. "Do you know who is going to teach which lessons yet?"