Chapter 1

City D Eastern Outer Rim – Tuesday 23:47pm

A heavy explosive shell smashed through the concrete wall and hit the ground in the centre of the room. Upon contact with the ground, the screen flashed on, and the countdown of 5 seconds began. In a panic, Kristal tried to get out of the shelter, pushing past the other resistance fighters huddled around. She pushed as hard as she could for the door, but there wasn't enough time.

The timer on the shell hit zero, and it exploded in a dome of white hot flames, scorching the area around it. Kristal hit the floor, as she felt the head searing behind her. She landed face first onto the concrete, the masses of refugees and fighters behind having shielded her from the blast. She scrambled to her feet, pushing the charred bodies off of her and made for the door. Bursting out into the street, she was met with blinding lights. It was the middle of the night, why was it so dark?

Headlights of Republic vehicles shone upon the few survivors, and Republic battle robots stood in an arc around them, guns facing the helpless captives. From behind the robots, out stepped Guy, his dark glasses resting on the brow of his nose. His heart, stored in the glass jar attached to his chest, spun gently in the blue fluid containing it. His black suit had small flecks of dust on it from the rubble around him, but he casually dusted it off, turning his attention to Kristal and the others. His cyber-enhanced eye scanned the few people before him, until his gaze fell onto Kristal.

"Ahh, Ms Kristal Connors, a please to meet you." He said calmly, removing a small notebook from his pocket. He didn't need to write notes in a pad, thanks to his memory banks storing all information he needed, but he did it anyway, as if to look more official.

Kristal didn't do him the pleasure of responding; she merely stepped forward into better view. He clenched her fist, frowning at the military general, wondering if there was a way she could get a hit on him before they were taken away. Her gun was in her back pocket, maybe if she was quick on the draw...

"I've been looking for you for quite some time, good to see you're still gathering resistance fighters into one, easy to bomb location." Guy smirked.

"Get on with it!" Cried an injured man nearest the door, glaring at the general. Guy's eye darted to the man, seeming to be momentarily distracted. Kristal, noticing this, slipped her hand behind her back and drew her gun, spinning it around herself to aim directly at Guy.

In the few seconds she wasn't focussed on him, Guy has analysed her movements and been faster on the draw. His mechanical revolver was already pointed at Kristal's arm, and he shot. A bright purple bolt of light shot out and hit her bicep, tearing it from its socket. She screeched in pain and fell to her knees, blood gushing from where her arm used to be.

"Not too bright." Guy commented, coldly. He adjusted his aim and fired again, directly at her head, putting her out of her misery. He paused for a while, then looked at the terrified faces of the other survivors. "Kill them."

He turned his back on them, as the robots surrounding his captives opened fire. Through the radio com chip in his brain, he called up Red, his boss. There was a small pause, until the call was answered.

"Mmm? What is it Guy, I'm awfully busy?" Red's voice cooed down the receiver.

"Ms Connors has been dealt with. Another Resistance member taken care of." Guy replied.

"Dont be needlessly vague Guy, is she dead, yes or no?"

"...Yes, she is dead."

"Splended! I'm sure she's glad to see her husband again... Oh Guy?"