A 180 Degree Turn [BoyXBoy] Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Gabriele’s POV

I woke up expecting the dungeon’s cold, hard floor. Instead, I woke up to my lover’s fingers being run through my hair.

Then I remember that the family members of alphas around the country were rescued by Dylan and his family.

I shot him a sleepy smile and noticed my arm was in a sling. This was because a certain vampire girl decided that she could twist my arm like a Barbie doll.

“Good morning,” I murmured drowsily. My smile twitched into a frown as I took in Dylan’s appearance. He, too, had a sling –no, a cast in a sling.

Dylan must’ve noticed me staring because he said, “Don’t worry, love. Just got into a little misunderstanding with an alpha who came to fetch wife who we rescued.” He then added to reassure me, “I heal quickly.”

“Still,” I said in a muzzy voice, “It doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. Take care of yourself, dammit.”

Dylan laughed when I cursed. Does he not take me seriously?

Dylan leaned down to kiss my forehead and lips, “Don’t worry, love. Now go change while I cook us breakfast.

After trying to navigate out of the house full of families picking up the member of their family who was kidnapped, and escaping Dylan’s arms, I found Elizabeth and Nicholas under a big wisteria tree.

Nicholas was lying on the ground and Elizabeth was asleep, her head on Nicholas’ lap.

“Yelle,” Nicholas acknowledged me with a nod, trying not to wake his twin.

I sat beside him and quietly said, “Can we talk?”

Nicholas sighed, “I was expecting this. Let’s find someplace to leave Lizzie first. She doesn’t want to say anything.”

I agreed and we entered the room I woke up in earlier.

Nicholas and I left her in there and decided we wanted to talk alone which was almost impossible since the pack house was teeming with people. And Dylan’s dad also set out werewolves all over the Shires’ property to scan for enemy infiltration.

We decided to head for the servants’ quarters because all the maids were outside serving guests.

“So, I heard Elizabeth’s Alistair’s mate.” I confirmed as I sat in the empty servants’ living room, assuming Nicholas and Elizabeth know that my boyfriend and probably almost everyone in this house is a werewolf.

Nicholas nodded, “She is.”

“Then, what’s up with them? Elizabeth seemed to want to kill Alistair. I thought mates were all lovey-dovey or some crap.”

“She’s,” Nicholas hesitated, but I stared at him, demanding answers. I know it’s none of my business, but these are my baby cousins we’re talking about. “She’s kind of mad at Alistair.”

“And for what?” I prompted.

My cousin obviously didn’t want to tell me. Just a little push and maybe I could make him spill, “What did he do, Nick?”

“It’s not my place to tell you?” Nicholas reasoned as his voice cracked. But I would have none of it.

“I promise I won’t tell.”

That’s when Nicholas’ eyes began to water, but he didn’t let the tears spill, “He doesn’t like me.”

I was confused, “Come again?”

Nicholas’ tears were slowly slipping from his eyes and I gathered my baby cousin in my arms. I let him sob. I don’t get the situation, but I didn’t need to know what the situation was to know that my cousin was hurting. Nicholas is always calm and collected, his sister’s opposite. This must be real big.

“Alistair,” Nicholas choked between sobs, “He doesn’t like me. He,” Sob, “He only likes Elizabeth. That’s not fair! I thought he’s supposed to love me too.”

What the hell is he talking about?

“Then,” He continued, “Elizabeth found out. She found out I was also his –his m-mate, but he doesn’t like me ‘cause I’m a boy!”

Holy hell! What do I say at times like these? Oh my gods. What the fuck am I thinking? My cousin’s heartbroken and wailing, and I’m wondering what I’m supposed to say?!

Stop, Gabe. Stop the inner convo.

Nicholas began to calm down in a little while. I rubbed his back to comfort him and reassured my cousin that I will be talking to Dylan.

“Please don’t,” Nicholas begged me, “Alistair will get in trouble if you do.”

I nodded but I was still going to talk to Dylan about it.

It was night time and Dylan wanted to keep me in his house so he could watch me.

Since there were many people from different packs, the large pack house where the alpha and his family live in contained over seventy people.

Dylan’s kids were with the other children, fast asleep in the nursery.

Dylan and I had to share a room. The sad part was that Elizabeth had no choice but to share a room with Alistair and since Nicholas is Elizabeth’s brother, he has to stay with them if we want our guests to have a room.

Dylan tiredly slumped down on the bed we share.

“I’m so tired.” He moaned, “Let’s sleep.”

Dylan was lying on his stomach. I crawled under the sheets and settled in the bed with him.

It was silent and I thought he was asleep.

“Dylan?” I asked to check if he could hear me.

He groaned –a sure sign he could hear me.

“Can we talk? It’s about Alistair.”

Dylan shifted until he was facing me. He looked tired, but worried and curious.

“He isn’t bullying you, is he? I’ll go talk to him if you want.” He suggested.

I hesitated. It’s not my place to tell Dylan. Nicholas made me promise not to tell Dylan especially, but I’m worried as to what will happen to my cousin. “It’s about his mate.”

This time, Dylan looked really curious. “I was going to talk to Al about Elizabeth. Damn,” He muttered, “I must’ve forgotten. What about her?”

I bit my lip and said, “Nicholas is also Alistair’s mate.”

Dylan was silent for a moment. It was dark so I couldn’t see his expression.

“Oh,” Was his only response.

I snuggled to his side and Dylan wrapped his arms around me in a protective cocoon, “And he’s maybe, kinda, a tiny bit of an ass to my baby cousin.”

Dylan rolled me so I was on top of him and my head was on his chest. I could hear the beating of his heart.

“Babe, I’m not really good with those kinds of talks, but I’ll try if it makes you feel any better.” He proposed.

Dylan’s answer reassured me.

“As long as he doesn’t make Nick cry again.” I say and fall asleep on top of Dylan.

 --

A/N:

Ugh. This is so half-assed.

Sorry if it’s really short.
Writer’s block. :(

Try to enjoy, vote, comment and fan.