The Sentinels

The Sentinels a group of soldiers enhanced by suits of amour making them more machine then man. The idea of the Sentinels began when a researcher found it too dangerous to perform his experiments him self ,but he found robots too clumsy. A few deaths had occurred from the robots robots poor motor skills. He believed that his idea could change how we work and how we lives, and it did just that.

.

It is the 6th era and our civilization was in ruin, less then 500 of us Sentinels remain. We were spread thin but the sentinel information server had been given to all ranks so that all of us could be as effective as possible. The server is a system that connects us to each other and allows us to share info with each other. I was one of the lowest rank Sentinels in the force and never had it I had to get all my info from file cards which fit into slots in the amour. I had to deal with the basic problems like the gangs and crime that normal police and military would have to deal with, but the people were in a state of panic and were rioting in the streets destroying there once great city even more. The war had last only a few cycles but we were almost destroyed. This species had the most powerful weapons we have ever seen they dominates us on the ground but in space we were superior. They were large machinal beings with a organic brain we believe there military was like us Sentinels made into machines for the rest of our lives. We are unsure what they even look like because a very dangerous type of fungal disease wiped them out and is the only reason we are alive today.

During these times sentinels are armed with a pulse ray and objective layout on there left hand. The pulse ray can change strength and temperature depending on who we fight. The objective layout depending on your specialization can help with certain tasks and give a detailed map of the battle ground. On our right hand is a weapon of your liking I currently have a heavy proton missile, but you can also get a plasma gun, shock charge, heavy gun, and shielding. The suit is powered by a stable heavy hydrogen reactor, it can also fly using jets along the back and on the feet. Many suits have the ability to move objects with there minds this is a trait used by researchers all the time to keep them at a safe distance even though there suits can't be damaged easily. They can have a weapon mounted on there shoulder if they wish, most of the time it's just a long range weapon for stealth missions or eliminating a target. There are many gadgets spread across the suit and they differ for each one.

The people use to believe that Sentinels could not die and they thought they would be safe from all harm. The government just let the people believe what they want to. Now that the truth is known people want access to the technology but if it got to the gangs there would be complete uprisings against the government. I'm currently trying to find the location of a mob warehouse supposedly full of weapons and ammo. It will not be easy we can not blend in with the crowd, we are designed to be able to control people, so we stand a good foot over most people. To ensure we stay in control we have engineered my people so they can only grow to six feet. This is a secret the public must not know,because many believe the vaccines we give our children are cause defects and other problems to form,and this would only anger them more.

During the war are HQ was destroyed we are now basing are operations out of a dreadnought hovering above the city. I'm preparing to head down to scout out the warehouse district after watching the traffic around this's few areas in the district I've come up with a few areas to check out personally. The people who really want to throw us out are closer to the middle of the city I can walk the streets there without which trouble.

I arrived at the warehouse I had marked earlier, I was accompanied by a group of high class solders. The enemy would expect a Sentinel to come from the sky light not with a blast team. As we prepared to blast the door a bright golden light came from the windows of the warehouse and then the explosion happened killing much of the team and sending me flying in to a crate I was then knocked out be a strong punch too strong for a human....