Katniss Reads Catching Fire

2nd Edition of "Katniss Reads the Hunger Games" If you want this to make sense then read that one first.

Takes place before Hunger Games. The characters, and well,  book, belong to the wonderful Suzanne Collins. Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________

Gale sat in the forest, rereading the Hunger Games. He still wished that he was in it more, but sadly as many times as he read it he was only in a few chapters. Mysterious-Not-A-Character, or Joe as he preferred,  was stretched out on a log not far from the hunter, reading Katniss's past school assignments that he had dug out of the trash.

Suddenly Katniss appeared, stomping into the forest and throwing a book at Gale's head. It hit him smack in the forehead and landed in his lap.

"What the hell bro?" Gale rubbed his now hurting head. 

"THERE'S A SEQUEL!" Katniss shouted angrily. "A SEQUEL! WHAT THE HELL COULD THIS SUZANNE COLLINS PERSON WRITE ABOUT ME?!"

Joe quickly shoved the assignments into his bag and sat up on his log. "Am I in this one?" He asked hopefully.

"NO." Katniss snapped. Joe sighed in defeat.

Gale flipped open to a random page, and narrowed his eyes. His gaze locked on one sentence. I am pregnant. "What the hell did Peeta do to you?" Gale asked, horrified.

Katniss peeked over Gale's shoulder to see what he was talking about. "OH MY GOD!" she paled, disgusted by what fictional her did with fictional Peeta. Joe looked over Gale's shoulder as well and shuddered, Katniss was his girl, even though she didn't know it.

"Wait! You're not pregnant!" Gale smiled, reading that Peeta had made it up. Katniss and Joe sighed in relief.

Gale flipped to another page, read a paragraph, turn page, read, turn page. "Finnick Odair is in it, too." he reported. "He brought Peeta back from the dead, and you're still acting pregnant for sponsors."

Joe chuckled. "Where's Finnick? O-dair he is!" the Mysterious-Not-A-Character giggled to himself.

"NO PUNS." Katniss snapped at her stalker. Her eyes trained on Joe's bag, which had the corner of a assignment still poking out of it. "What's that?" She bent over and grabbed the paper, it was her homework she had thrown away last Wednesday. She gave Joe a weird look, he only blushed and avoided her gaze.

"Hey Katniss, look at this last line." Gale caught Katniss's attention. The hot-headed huntress looked over her friend's shoulder to see the line. Katniss, there is no District 12. She blinked, once, twice, thrice. "Well I'm glad this is a fictional story, ha ha." Gale chuckled weakly.

As Gale and Katniss discussed the meaning of the last line Joe sat back down on his log, making sure that the papers in his bag were completely in it. As he shoved the assignments deeper inside, he felt a slight tug at his hair. He turned to see a deer nibbling at his head, mistaking his messy hair for some sort of plant.

"Ah, guys," Joe called to his fellow hunters as he tried to reach for his bow and arrow, or at least a stick. The deer kept nomming on his hair. "Guys, I'm kind of being eaten by a deer here!" Joe called out louder.

"Shh, you're interrupting a intense conversation!" Katniss shushed Joe.

The deer then bit down on his shirt and started to pick him up, leaving Joe scrambling to get away from the not-so-harmless deer.

"GUYS! HELP!" Joe shouted, attempting to beat on the deer's snout and failing miserably.

Annoyed, Gale snapped his fingers and yet again, Joe was completely edited out of the story. The deer was left confused as it's screaming plant that it was eating was suddenly erased from the world it lived in. Realizing that the other two talking plants had bows and arrows, the deer quickly ran off.

"Katniss, you're gettin' married to Peeta!" Gale teased. "Oh, and the president hates you."

"SPOILER ALERT." Katniss shouted. "I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO READ THAT MYSELF YOU IDIOT!"

"Ha ha! Sucks for youu!" Gale lol'd.

Gale shut the book. "When's the next one out?" He asked with a smile, one that Katniss wanted to slap off his face.

"YOU SUUUCK!" She shouted.

"I think you said that in the last short story." Gale pointed out.

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS TRUE!" Katniss retorted.

Joe popped back into reality for a moment to shout "YES YOU DO SUCK!"

"GO AWAY!" Katniss and Gale shouted in unison.

"NOOOOooooo!" Joe popped out of existence again.

THE END. 

"Ha ha, stupid author, that's not the end!" Gale laughed. "You know that you're probably going to write one for the third book!"

Shut up Gale!

THE ACTUAL END. PROBABLY.

"Bu-" Gale whined.

THE BOOK TELLS YOUR FUTURE. DISTRICT 12 WILL ACTUALLY BE DESTROYED.

"..." Gale couldn't respond for a moment due to shock. "No it's no-" 

YES IS IT. SHUT UP. THE END.

Gale: </3 D: 

_______________________________________________________

Hungry for more Hunger Games?
Check out Mental Games and Welcome to Reality all which can be found through my profile!

"Stop promoting yourself author!" Gale snapped.

SHUT UP.