Chapter 26 - Fire

Niall's P.O.V

Flames were engulfing Ibrahim's house. Smoke was arising from the ground and everything seemed to be alight. I couldn't believe it. They just came back from Scotland and this was happening.

"Why is everyone panick-" Zara stopped mid sentence to rub her eyes to double check if what she saw was true. It definitely was. Us boys whipped out our phones and called the fire brigade. 

I quickly turned to Zara to ask, "Zara, what's your addr-" Zara flew out of the car and ran to the house. Liam ran after her and everyone followed. We hurdled out of the car and I saw Liam taking hold of Zara before she could continue her trip to her old house.

Liam's P.O.V

I ran over to Zara; it was my first and only instinct. I mean, if her old family died in there, I didn't want her to join them.

"Zara! Come back!" I screamed, racing up to her. She was pretty fast for a thirteen year old, I mean, she almost outran me. Almost. I finally caught up to her and held her back. She gave me one strong kick on my knee and I crumpled to the floor. How did Chloe actually manage to beat her up?

As I lay on the floor, she carried on running, until Zayn held onto her waist, pulling her closer to him. Instead of fighting back, she turned around to face him and burst into tears. He hugged her and seemed to mutter something in her ear, but I couldn't quite catch what it was. When I finally decided to get up, I saw Louis bolting ahead of me.

Zayn's P.O.V

As Zara gave Liam a kick on the knee, he fell to the floor and she continued to run. I chased her and held her. I was scared that she would kick me too and run off again, but instead, she turned around to face me and cried. I bent down to her level and pulled her closer to me, into a hug. She sobbed into my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my neck. Whilst she was crying, she was shaking too, this feeling was familiar. She seemed so fragile.

"They'll be fine," I whispered into her ear, repeating it over and over again. Hopefully, she'd believe me, but the problem was, I didn't have much hope for her foster parents or brother. I was about to take her back into the car, so this image would be clear from her sight, when, suddenly, Louis raced into the house, Harry and Niall at his heels, trying to stop him.

Louis' P.O.V

I couldn't just sit and watch without doing anything to help. Without hesitation, I ran to the house as fast as I could, to try and save at least one person. Although it was the job of a fireman, they could come too late. I noticed that Harry and Niall were yelling my name, trying to stop me, but I ignored them. Ibrahim was only about a couple of years younger than us. He still had a lot of his life ahead of him. As for his parents, he needed to look up to someone and feel love from. Although we would provide him with love, his parents were there from when he was born, so their love was original.

I was so close to the door when I was tackled to the ground by Harry and Niall.

"Get off!" I screamed, trying to squirm out of their grips. They were too strong, however, and pinned me down, onto the floor.

"The fire brigade are coming!" shouted Niall. I was about to break free from their grasp, when I saw a figure at the door, leaning over and holding onto their knees.

Harry's P.O.V

From the corner of my eye, I noticed that the front door had swung open. My eyes followed the foot of the person, all the way up to their face, which was pretty hard, seeing as they were bent over. I heard quick breaths and numerous coughs.

"Ibrahim!" Zara screamed, running towards Ibrahim. Ibrahim's hand was leaning against the pillar which held up the roof of the porch and held onto Zara's shoulder, for support. Zayn and Liam went to support Ibrahim properly and Zara went back into the car to fetch a bottle of water.

Ibrahim, who was sitting down on the front garden, with both Zayn and Liam rubbing and patting his back, was coughing vigorously. When Zara handed him the bottle of water, he drank it appreciatively in one gulp. His face was covered in soot, when Louis had calmed down and the three of us went over to Ibrahim.

Ibrahim's P.O.V

My alarm clock was buzzing; I had forgotten to turn it off for the weekend. Annoyed, I turned it off and continued to sleep. Then, I realised that Zara would be coming today! Although it had only been about five days since I saw her at the hospital, I still missed her. I decided that I would wake up at noon and get ready then. I set my alarm for the right time and dozed off.

Immediately, I woke up to the sound of my alarm and to a distinct smell. At first, I thought that it was one of Dad's cigarettes, but then, I remembered that he had quit about five years ago. I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I was about to walk down the stairs, but all I could do was stare in shock. 

The stairs were being eaten by fire. Actual fire. I called out for my parents, but I got no response. I shook at the thought of this. I suddenly remembered what I had to do in case of a fire, which I learned in reception (preschool), so I quickly transformed into crawling mode. The only problem about crawling is you are very limited in the way you move.

The fire was reaching higher and higher up the stairs, closer and closer to my bedroom. I had to think of a way to get out of here. I looked over the stairs, on the side that the railing was on, and saw that there was no fire in the hallway, yet there was on the kitchen door and living room door. I had to jump. I had always wanted to do so when I was younger, and, I guess now was the time to do it. I grabbed on the low wall which kept me from falling straight over, and lifted myself onto it to sit down.

I slowly manoeuvered my way over this little ledge and found myself on the ground floor of the house. This is where the smoke and fire got to me. I tried to search for my parents, but there was no use. The house was foggy, and I could hardly see anything. I made my way to the front door, which was pretty easy to find, and flung it open. The inhalation of fresh air pleased me.

I stepped forward and tried to find the pillar, to lean on. 

"Ibrahim!" Zara ran over to me. I held onto her shoulder, my hand still leaning on the pillar, and noticed all of the bruises on her face. I didn't remember seeing this many before.

Zayn and Liam came over to me and supported me to the front garden, sitting me down. Zara went into the big, black car and came back with a bottle of water. Exactly what I needed. Before I drank it, I had a coughing fit. The water was gone in one sip. It was comforting when Liam and Zayn rubbed and patted my back; the smoke felt like it escaped my mouth when they were doing so. This reminded me of what my parents used to do...

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was quite short as well :(. Thanks for all of your support, especially @Sky_Sparks97, who wrote loads of comments and voted a lot! Thanks Sky! Also, thanks for 395 reads, 55 comments and 30 votes!)