Chapter 1: The New Kid

Chapter 1

My locker slams shut causing my to jump and look at my friend Katie in surprise. She must have ran because she was out of breath, "There is... Did you hear... Oh god... He is... Air... I had to..." 

My brow furrows and I shake my head, "Calm yourself. What's up?" 

She takes a big breathe, "New kid." 

I shrug opening back up my locker, "So? We get them all the time? 

She shakes her head, "No, Grace, you don't understand. He's HOT." 

I slam my locker, "Whoa now, that's a whole new ball game. Details." 

She leans against the wall, "Dirty blond hair, green eyes, approximately 5'6, freshman, best friends with Dean." 

I groan, "Just my type but of course friends with the most popular guy in our school. Name?" 

She shrugs, "I don't know." 

I give her an odd look, "You know all that but not his name." 

She shrugs, "I pulled out my stalker mode and hid behind the lockers and watched him" 

Just then my other best friend Lilly comes running up, "Did you hear?" 

"Yes." Katie and I say at the same time.  

"You got a name?" I question.  

Lilly nods, "Noah." 

Katie shakes her head, "It even sounds hot." 

Just then a guy comes walking around the corner at the end of the hall with Dean and my jaw drops.  

Lilly shakes her head, "I could just dunk him in my coffee." 

Katie nods, "I could just spread him on a cracker." 

I look him up and down as he gets his books, "He'a hot enough to bake cookies on." 

"You guys would be cute together." Katie says looking at me.  

"Who? Me?" I say pointing a finger to my chest. 

Lilly rolls her eyes, "No the air. Yes you!" 

I give a nervous laugh, "Hahaha that's cute. That's really cute. No." 

Katie crosses her arms, "Why not?" 

I squint, "Are you serious right now? Are you really serious? LOOK AT HIM. Then there's me. HIM. Me." 

Lilly raises an eyebrow, "Do you think he's cute?" 

I roll my eyes, "My gosh yes. What have we been talking about the past 10 minutes?" 

Katie shrugs, "Then talk to him!" 

My eyes widen, "And say what?! Hi I'm Grace and my friends and I have been drooling over you the past 10 minutes!" 

Lilly crosses her arms, "Well you had a good start." 

I shake my head, "I am not having this conversation." 

Katie brightens, "Oh look. He's coming this way." 

My eyes widen, "Bye." 

Lilly grabs my arm, "Nope." 

I squirm and Noah finally gets to us. He runs his fingers through his hair and says, "Um, hey, I was just wondering if any of you knew where Mr. Kalesnik's class was." 

I soon as he says that I cringe and Katie says excitedly, "That's Grace's next class!" 

Of course it was.  

Noah flashes me a smile, "Would you mind showing me the way then?" 

"Well, I WOULD, but, um, you see, I have stuff to do before hand. So yeah sorry, I can't." I say scratching the back of my neck and holding my books closer to my chest.  

"Oh really? What stuff?" Lilly says glaring at me.  

I gasp inwardly. How could she betray me this way?! I was taken aback by the question and say, "Well, you know.... Stuff." 

Katie looks at Noah, "She has nothing. Absolutely nothing." 

Noah nods and gives me an odd look, "Um, okay..." 

I glare at them before saying flatly, "Let's go." 

I quickly walk off down the hall and Noah jogs up next to me, "So what's the deal with Mr. Kalesnik?" 

"What do you mean?" 

He shrugs, "Like, what am I walking into?" 

I nod, "Oh. Well, do you like English?" 

He shrugs, "It's alright." 

"Well, Mr. K is a GREAT English teacher- the best I've ever had. Just engage in class discussions occasionally, do your reading and class assignments and he should like you." 

Noah nods his head thinking, "Okay thanks." 

I pull my books closer, "Don't mention it." 

I walk into Mr. K's class and sit in the middle and oddly Noah sits behind me. Mr.K gives Noah The book we are reading and says, "Noah, Grace will be your partner." 

I stop talking notes from the board, "But Mara's already my partner." 

Mr. K looks at Mara, "Well, he doesn't have a partner he can be with and since you two are the closest to him it's the easiest group to put him in. Is that a problem?" 

Mara and I both shake our heads. Mr. K nods, "Who has been taking the notes for your group? 

Mara points to me and I raise my hand. Mr. K looks at me, "Okay, I need you to get with Noah then and help him catch up." 

I swallow hard and squeak, "Okay." 

Mr. K smiles and nods then walks off. I turn to face Noah and he smiles at me. I blush and turn back to my book. Thanks for throwing me to the wolves, Mr. K.

~~~~~~~ 

This is really short so other chapters will be longer. Thanks to the two people who commented! I will dedicate the next chapter to the first commenter :)

P.S. The changing the world stuff obviously will came later.