chapter 1

Well I bet you’re wondering what I’m doing sat on top of this building in a busy city in the dead of night. Well for you to understand this I’m going to tell you a little story for you so you may understand how it is that I came to this point in my life.

You see three years ago I was moving from place to place just trying to get by on my own. I was bitten and changed into a vampire at the age of 23 and was left without a master or any friends, I left alone to endure the change alone.

Not knowing what was happening to me. I went from town to town city to city. Until one day a handsome stranger came into my life, not knowing that this god like stranger was sent by the council to kill me. But soon he came to realise that I hadn’t committed the crime that the council had accused me of.

This stranger helped me taught me how to fight how to run and how to survive is name is hemlock AKA the Accountant, a master vampire and assassin for the council, until he turned his back on the council. But the council wasn’t happy with this so sent other vampire and assassins to do their dirty work.

They sent more and more until one night I decided that there was only one thing left that I could do, it was my fault they were coming after him. So I gave up the one thing I valued the most, my lover, my best friend and my mentor. He vowed to never give up looking for me. Well that was the word on the streets. It would never happen unless we was both safe.

He thought he was hot on my tail but in truth I was but a step behind him at all times. Taking out, anyone who would dare threaten his safety and that’s how I came to be on this roof top watching a vampire walk down a dark alley looking for a door that’s not there. Due to a bit of miss-information thanks to my careful planning and preparation.

As the vampire reached the end of the dark alley, carefully and silently I jumped down behind him.

“I’m sure the council are sending more and more vampires without IQ, hmm what do you say” I said to which the vampire turned and snarl at me.

“Right I’m going to give you two choices and you’re going to pick one. Option one we fight you die” at this the vampire snorted not likely under his breath.

 “Option two you can walk away with your life and I will show you evidence of our innocence and how corrupt the council is, Join our cause it is your choice” as the seconds tick by I waited for the vampires answer.

“What makes you think I’m going to believe what you say is true. Also what makes you think you can kill me? Do you even know who I am?”

We continued to circle each other weighting each other up in silence none of us wanting to make that first move.

“Because it’s the truth and yes I do know who you are. You are Demerit fifth council member you found hemlock and brought him up as your own you was a mentor to him but now you hunt to kill him” as I said this the vampire across from me looked shocked and that caused him to stop moving this left me smiling.

“Well while you know who I am, I must tell you I have come to speak to my old friend I was told he was here and this is where I would find him”

 “Well you were told wrong”

“Clearly, I can see” said demerit with sarcasm lacing his voice.

“He is safe far away from here and has been for some time now”

“Good because something bad is going to happen. I need his help if we are to have any chance of stopping this you have to take me to him you said you speak to him tell him I have come”

“I can’t do that because I’ve not spoke to him for three years”

“But, you just said you seen him and he’s safe”

“I’ve seen him I’ve not spoke to him for three years he doesn’t even know where I am. He’s been looking for me this entire time well I think he has.”

“So it was you all these years, killing anyone the council had sent after him”

 “Of Corse it was my fault in the first place if he hadn’t of helped me he would still be working for you. It’s my fault he’s in this mess in the first place. I vowed to do anything in my power to put this right”

 “Does that mean even leaving the one you love” this time it was my turn to looked shocked.

“Not that it’s any of your business but yes I did what I felt I had to”

“is there somewhere we can talk this is important”

 “sure follow me old man if you can keep up” I jumped up to the roof waiting only a second before jumping from roof top to roof top heading for the edge of town. I jumped down, into an unlit car park. I turned to find him right behind me I nodded towards the club continued to the entrance.