Chapter 8

Demi 

A week after my kiss with Nick, he & I were doing a Disney special called "Friends for Change." It was a lot of Disney stars including Selena & Miley. Nick & Selena were back together & even Nick & Miley were good again. They had talked over the holidays when Nick called her & told her he had wrote a song after they broke up & he wanted her to help him change it so it was more about their relationship. They hung out a few times & worked on the song & all was right with the world. Well, their world anyway. In my world, I was still popping pills & cutting myself. I was starving myself or purging depending on my mood. I even started drinking on occasion. I was a mess & I saw no way to stop. 

The kiss with Nick was all I could think about. It was the most amazing kiss I had ever experienced. I didn't want it to stop. I wanted to push him to the ground & climb on top of him. My insides were on fire while our lips touched. I had no idea a kiss could have that kind of effect on someone. I remember not being able to breathe. I remember feeling dizzy. Recording later that day, was difficult. I also kept thinking about the fortune I read from my cookie. It said "Your one true love is closer than you think." It had to be a coincidence, right? Those fortunes are always generic like that. I put the fortune in my pocket & decided to add it to my memory box. I had a box full of great memories in my life. Every item in the box had a great memory & the fortune would remind me of the kiss with Nick. 

The Disney channel thing was actually fun

The Disney channel thing was actually fun. I used my acting skills to pretend I wasn't sexually frustrated when Nick was around. I pretended that I was happy & not in trouble. No one knew otherwise so I must have done a good job. We all had so much fun over the few days of filming. Joe, Kevin, Nick Miley, Selena & I all did a song together, "Send it on." We recorded it together & did a video. It was so corny & we all felt so stupid but we had fun doing it. It was nice seeing Miley & Nick get along. Even Selena & Miley were okay. Miley knew about Nick & Selena even if no one else did. They weren't public with their relationship. Miley & I got close again. After filming was done we started hanging out a lot more.  

In May of that year I started dating Miley's brother, Trace

In May of that year I started dating Miley's brother, Trace. We hung out with Miley quite a bit so that brought her & I even closer. I was recording my album during this time, too. Trace would sometimes hang out at the studio with me. I was heading out on a tour that summer & I hoped our relationship would be able to handle the distance. Being with him was helping me forget about my feelings for Nick. I was hopeful that the summer tour would also help. We were starting to film Camp Rock 2 that August & I knew Nick & I would be seeing a lot of each other. Of course there was a larger cast this time around so maybe we would spend time with other people.