30. Noctur's Final Plan

Noctur was becoming impatient. Miranda was a growing nuisance as she interfered with his plans unknowingly and her floundering sister was not much better. Utterly useless. And that girl was getting closer and closer to breaking the spell. His spell. He added the last ingredient to the thick phosphorescent solution in his cauldron.

Finally, he could have his way. Noctur closed his eyes and allowed his astral self drift away from his physical body. When he opened his eyes he was standing before Rose Manor. He allowed himself to drift through the walls of the manor, following the sent of the enchantment.

There it was, a fantastical rose. How typical of Miranda. She always was so poetic. It was the final piece to forming his plan. He would absorb the curse's power into himself and then have enough power to bind Miranda so that he could force the power stripping potion upon her. He reached for the rose, wanting it in his possession. Finally. Suddenly, there was a spark and a sharp pain pierced his fingertips. He threw his hand away from rose that burned him abruptly. No.

Of course there was a protection spell on the enchantment. Also typical of Miranda. She could never be too careful, always watching,protecting, double checking. He couldn't break through the spell. Not without his former strength. He would have to think of another way. Maybe Tatiana could finally prove her worth.

He was just about to drift out of the manor and back to his physical body when he was shocked by a magic so strong he could hardly breathe. What in the Underkingdom was that? He drifted towards the incredible power and what he saw made him choke.

The beast was lying in the girl's bed. He was holding her and soothing her gingerly. She was clinging to him, eyes closed and a look of peaceful content on her face. The beast, on the other hand had his eyes wide open. He was staring at her with a mixture of fear and wonder. A mixture he remembered well from his experience withMiranda. One emotion was emanating from his entire body with a strength like no other. Love.

Noctur cursed. The beast had finally fallen for the girl. It was no surprise, he was helpless to her. It was evident from the moment he first saw them together. He would have to work quickly. But how?

"I think I would do anything for you," he whispered to her, a sad smile playing on his beastly face, "Everything that is mine to give, is yours." At this, Noctur could not help but smile as well. The rose belonged to the girl now, along with the beast's heart. If the girl were to give him the rose, it would be a gift. A protection spell protects from theft. Not from gifting. Another plan formed itself to completion.

A/N

Hello to my wonderful readers. Just wanted to say thank you for sticking with me this long, I know my writing is sporadic and irregular which is frustrating to say the least.  I don't know exactly when I'll update but I hope it's soon soon soon!!!
On a side note, I have finally recorded a song that I have written, so feel free to check it out!! (or feel obligated because it would make me super happy) 
Look up "Summer Fling" by Inbar Friedman or here's the link:  https://youtu.be/XkPFPnlHMpU