1. Only the Beginning

Life…could not get any worse. He…hates me and I just put up with it, physically and mentally. I’ll spare you the details of what happened now and what he does to me. Mostly, I don’t know what happened. I mean, what is the purpose of a rabbit? I don’t know! So, that’s the answer I have for what his reasoning behind the punches and insults is.

            How it happened? Well, like any situation filled with hate, it started out with disagreements then it just progressed. You’re probably thinking ‘GET SOME HELP!!’ I wish it was that simple but I’m sorry. It isn’t. If I actually had the courage to go up to a teacher and say, “My life is being ruined by an egotistical maniac”, I would but c’mon, we all know that teacher would give me the funny look, call an ambulance, and I would be in the nut house sharing my peanuts with squirrels.

            So, I guess I just have to deal with the consequences every day at school. Like today, like right now. I just finished chemistry so I that means I have about five minutes before he actually goes to class…cool beans. I don’t even know why I’m counting down how much time I have. I’m just at the point right now where I really don’t care what he does, as long as he gets it over with.

            I walk across the huge school known as Deep Grove High school and make it to my locker by the student parking lot. Good thing is that it’s by my next class, Women’s Choir. I quickly turn the lock and it opens within a matter of seconds. I put my over-sized textbooks in and get my music folder. I’m stuffing my folder in my bag when my locker door slams shut.

            My whole body tenses because I know what’s going to happen next. I look up and I see the cynical face of Julian. Julian, in case you haven’t guessed yet, has a purpose in his life to make my life a living hell. His pitch black hair styled in spikes makes me want to puke and his icy blue eyes just fit with his character.

            He’s quarterback on the football team (typical, I know) so he has a pretty good muscle build but he has no balls. Honestly, what kind of guy bullies a girl? Hmm? A guy with no balls, that’s who.

“Well, lookie here. We have ourselves a little ballerina. Now tell me Marisa, is twirling around in tights liberating because you have no sex life or is it just your way of trying to make yourself more attractive?”

            Wow…where did he get having no sex life from wearing tights? And how did he even know I dance? No one knows that, except Sebastian, my best friend. But still! How did he even make that connection?!

“Woah, take it easy Julian. You don’t wanna strain yourself from too much thinking. It must’ve taken you forever to come with that sentence. Did you break a sweat?”  I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. He pushed me up against my locker, his face centimeters from mine. “What was that? You little bitch?!” I swallowed hard and replied a simple, “Nothing.”

He pushed himself off of me and took a step back. I adjusted my bag and turned to walk to chorus but macho man blocked the path.

“Keep ignoring me and this might get sent to everyone.” He held his phone in front of me so I could see a video of me dancing at a competition in New York City. How did he get a video of me dancing in New York when he lives in Georgia? I acted like I couldn’t see so I pulled the phone closer to me and with a simple flick of my finger, I deleted the video.

“Whatever are you talking about?” The sarcasm in my voice was almost comical, as was the look on his face when he saw what I did.

            His face twisted in anger and I walked away quickly before he could break a bone on my body. I made it three doors away from the chorus room when he slammed me into the wall. I moved my face to the side and I guess he thought that was rude because he yanked my chin so I would face him.