Chapter 1

~Beau's pov~

It's the middle of senior year, mid November. Another torturous year of homework, bullying, and false love. It's really stupid, you know? I'm laying under the soft blue and purple comforter, when my mom comes banging on the door.

"Beau, wake up! You're going to be late for school!" I get up and walk to my closet looking for something to wear. I find a t-shirt and some shorts. I match it with my blue and orange alites and Jordan slides. Man, why do I have to dress up for school. It's not like it's church or anything. Moving towards the door, I open it to find my mom ready to bang on it again.

Laughing I say, "Hey mom. You ready?" She turns around and goes to my little brothers room next to mine.

As she's looking for him he comes up behind her and laughs/yells, "Mom I'm right here!"

She turns and goes to the kitchen and says, "Come on guys! I'm going to be late for work!"

I look at Tyler, my little brother in his sophomore year, and say, "Come on bro. Before mom gets mad."

He grabs his bag and we follow my mom out the door. I get in my moms car, and it's 7:18 am. My mom turns on the radio and we listen to the traffic report until we get to our school.

He gets off and yells, "Bye mom! I love you!"

I step out of the car door and wave my mom bye. We're not as close as a mother and son should be, but I'd have no other mother but her. I love her. I walk through the front doors and hurry to my first class as I hear the morning bell ring.

Talking to my friend Matty, he walks me to my 1st period, Spanish. As I walk in the room, I head straight for my seat. Right as I sit down the bell rings signalling the start of 1st period. I look at the teacher and zone out.

My passion is baseball. I really couldn't ever focus in school or home. And I felt as if baseball was my oasis. Where I could block everyone out and have it just me and the other person. That's how simple it was, each and every time.

~Skips to 6th period~

As I get to English, I feel finally relieved that the school day is almost over. I look around the classroom at people I'd never acknowledged. I look foward and kick my friend, Vic's, chair. But instead of seeing his face, a brunette, Lights, turned around.

"Yeah?" she asks.

Realising what I did, I blush and laugh saying, "Hey sorry. I meant to kick the guys chair next to you!"

She chuckles, "It's alright!" and turns around.

I look down at my desk feeling an unwanted heaviness in my chest. Brushing it off I look up to Miss Kimrey, who is talking about a the book we're reading.

My mind seems to be running in circles, I can't seem to fucking focus. So I look up at the back of her head again. Without realising it I'm smiling. I look back down and zone back into reality and start to read along with everyone else.

________________________

Comment!

Share!

Vote!

It means a lot!! (: