Living In Beacon Hills

"How are you feeling today?" Ms. Morrell asked.

"I'm fine." I answered. I heard her release a heavy sigh. Why am I here, in the school's guidance consoler? Because my old boyfriend Matt cheated on me and lately I've been feeling down. Who could blame me for being upset? How do my parents handle it? They deem me as depressed and shove me into therapy every friday.

"Are you planning on doing anything over the weekend?" She asked.

"Are you?" I raised a brow.

She cracked a smile. "We're here to talk about you Bella." She said.

"Fine," I racked my brain. "I have practice." I offered.

"Are you doing anything with your teammates after?" She asked.

I shrugged. "It depends on if we win." A quick glance at the clock told me 5th period had already started, and I'd be late again. "May I leave now?"

"You can go. See you next Friday." She wrote me up a late excuse slip.

I ended having to sit in a different seat because someone took mine. It wasn't all bad though. The seat I took was right next to Isaac Lahey and Lydia Martin. I wouldn't really call either of them my best friend, I didn't really have a best friend, I'd like to think I'm relatively high on the popularity scale though. Not because a lot of people liked me, it was mostly because I was involved with so many sports that I knew most of the popular people. Everyday during lunch I sat at with Jackson Whittemore, Lydia, and numerous other people people. I got invited to a fair amount of parties I hardly ever went to.

I frustratedly shook my pen. "Crap." I muttered. It was out of ink and that was my only pen. Just great.

"Here," Isaac held a pen across the isle.

"Thanks, I owe you one." I told him.

"I'll keep that in mind." He chuckled as he continued to copy the notes from the board.

I didn't't know what it was about Isaac, I'd always had a soft spot for him. In fact, I ran into Isaac the night I found out Matt was cheating on me. Isaac was the only boy in the school who's seen me cry, maybe even the only student.

Later that day I was pleased to see him jogging down the hall to me at my locker. "Hey Bella." He greeted with a smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Mind if I walk with you?" He asked.

"Go for it." Lunch was 6th period, a whole cafeteria packed to the brim with Idiots. What a superb idea. I sat in my usual seat next to Jackson and across from Lydia, and Isaac pulled up a chair and sat on my other side. If I had to pick one of the people I had the most things in common with, it would be Jackson. Heck People had paired us together since middle school. "They're so cute together." I'd hear people giggle and make a a fuss whenever we were together. We were both athletic, had rich parents who were successful lawyers, and considered popular in school

; to everyone it was a match made in heaven. I liked him and Lydia together though, they somehow managed to ignore all the chatter about them and worry about each other.

"Are you coming to my party tonight?" Lydia asked me when I took my seat.

"I don't know, maybe." I answered slowly.

"Why not?" She whined.

"I have practice early tomorrow." I answered. I didn't have much interest going to the party anyway. I wasn't much of a party girl.

Isaac smiled and snatched a fry off my tray. "Hey!" I protested.

"What? You're not going to eat them." He said, then laughed as I tried to prevent him from taking another.