Chapter One

Chapter One

I hear my name being called off by the distance. I turn my head quickly to the side and I see Chloe quickly walking over to me. I turn around to run away from the opposite  direction as fast as I can. I need to find out what is going on with me, before she asks questions. I keep running to my house as fast as my feet will go. I reach there and I get inside yelling for my aunt. She comes walking fast out the hallway, she had panic all over her face. Her lips were moving, but my ears weren't processing what she was saying. My body must be going through shock

She grabs me by the shoulders and starts shaking me, "What's wrong Avealyn?"

"I-I don't know. One minute I was talking to this girl and the next she goes flying through the air, like...she was pushed." I was stuttering through my words. "Chenoa, I think it was me, because look." I showed her my hands, which had a purple glow forming and my necklace is glowing also with the same color.

She looks at my hands, necklace, and then shifts her eyes to mine, they had worry in her eyes, "Its time Avealyn, come with me."

She grabs my arm and pulls me "Where are we going?" 

Her feet abruptly stops and she turns to look back at me, "You'll see."

We get to the living room and stand in front of hutch that has a door. She pulls out a key and opens the door.

She turns to me and grabs my hand and has my palm face up, she sets the key and folds closes my hand, "You will need this later."

My eyebrows pull together with confusion, "What is happening?"

"There has been a family secret that your parents and I have kept from you." She looks at the hutch, then back at me, "Now that your sixteen, you will be finding out who you will become." 

W-What?" I stuttered.

"Don't panic, just walk in." She guides her hand to the hutch.

I look at the hutch then glance back at her, "You first."

She laughs, "Its safe. I will be right behind you." 

I take in a huge breath, I slowly put one foot in and my other foot in suit. When I was fully in, I see a box in the middle of room. I look back at my aunt and she nods for me to continue to walk forward.

I look back at what is suppose to be my parents, which I never knew what they look like, "Mom, Dad?"

They both smile, but still had sadness in their eyes, "Hi sweetie." She said in a soft loving voice. I feel water in my eyes, I can't believe I'm crying, I never knew them espically as my parents, so why am I sad. I can feel the tears running down my cheeks.

"Oh sweetie, don't cry." She said still in that soft loving tone.

I wipe the tears away, "I'm not."

They both chuckled and in that quick second, their experssion changed into seriousness, "We have something tell you, we don't have much time."

I looked at both of them confusingly, "Why not?"

"We only had time to explain who you are going to become. Your father and I..." "We are healers..." Father finshed for her, "We have special powers to heal people from whoses souls have been taken from Mercator Mortalis. They are an evil clan that have no souls. It is too late for them to change."

"I know this hard for you to understand right now, but you are a Healer, that's what you are. Now that you are sixteen, you are getting your full powers now." Mom explains.

"Avealyn," My aunt says, "The necklace I gave you, has been passed down. It's suppose to help you with your powers until you can handle them and it also protects you from any other creatures spells.